When Samsung unveiled the flagship Galaxy S3 back in 2011, I was amazed by the features that the phone possessed. It had a 4.7inch SUPER AMOLED HD screen which was by far the best display at that time. Under the hood, there was Samsung’s own Exynos Quad core processor coupled with 1GB of RAM. Games like Asphalt 6 ran smoothly and the touchwiz UI was buttery smooth thanks to Android Jellybean 4.1.
But things has changed since then. Samsung stopped providing updates to the phone and many owners of GS3 are still using Jellybean 4.3. Many geeks and intellectual who installed the latest Lollipop ROM on their GS3 are feeling the heat with the laginess while switching between apps and with inconsistent battery life.
If you feel the same, then its time for a change. Luckily, you don’t need to spend $600 like you did with the Galaxy S3 back in 2011. You can easily get great smartphones these days ranging from Rs. 30,000 to going as high as Rs. 80,000.
A Samsung fanboy might have heard little about Chinese brand Xiaomi, however in 2015, it is one the most influential and leading manufacturer of smartphones in the world. All of its devices are packed with high-end specs but with a price tag so low that everyone wants a piece of it. You can buy this handset from M.K.Tradeline store.
Priced at Rs.28,000, Mi4i offers some stunning specs. From the S3 owners point of view, you get an upgrade in the screen with a FullHD display, a faster processor in Snapdragon 615 processor and a better back and front camera.
Specifications of Xiaomi Mi4i:
- 5inch IPS LCD screen with the resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels (~441 ppi)
- Runs on Android 5.0.2 on top of MIUI v6.0
- Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 Chipset
- Quad-core 1.7 GHz Cortex-A53 & quad-core 1.1 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB internal storage (No Card Slot)
- 13 MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels Rear Camera with 5MP Front Camera
- Fast battery charging: 40% in 60 min (Quick Charge)
- Li-Ion 3120 mAh battery
|-Full HD Screen||-No Expandable storage|
|-Decent Performance||-No official Service Centres|
Asus ZenFone 2
If you are thinking of upgrading your outdated GS3 with a phone that has good a great performance underneath, then you should definitely go with the ZenFone 2. It is powered by a 2.3GHz 64-bit Intel Atom processor Z3580 and has 4GB RAM to deliver up to seven times faster gaming performance than its predecessor Asus Zenfone 5.
Other specification includes a 5.5-inch Full HD and a (1280x1920p) IPS display, 32GB internal storage, microSD support up to 64GB, a 13MP camera with an f/2.0 wide-aperture lens, a 5MP front-facing camera with a wide 85-degree field of view, and a non-removable 3000mAh battery with fast charge technology. The phone is priced at Rs. 35,000 and you can buy from M.K.Tradeline.
Moto X Play
At $400, Moto X Play is a powerhouse. It features a 5.7-inch QuadHD display resulting in a 515ppi pixel density. The phone sports a Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 SoC with a 1.8GHz hexa-core processor paired with 3GB of RAM. It comes with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on board with Motorola’s nifty features such as Moto Voice, Moto Assist, Moto Display, Moto Actions and so on. The Moto X Style comes in 16/32/64GB storage variants with microSD card slot to add in an additional 128GB.
On the camera department, the Moto X play houses an improved 21MP rear camera with an f/2.0 aperture and a 5MP front-facing camera with a flash as well. The camera is capable of shooting 4K videos. It will be powered by a 3,000 mAh battery.
One Plus Two
Known as the 2015 Flagship Killer, One Plus Two is one of the best smartphones you can buy under Rs.50,000. The phone comes with the latest and greatest Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 chipset, Finger print sensor, USB Type C charger and a dedicated hardware button for notifications. BUY HERE
Specifications of OnePlus 2:
- 5.5-inch IPS LCD screen with the resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels (~441 ppi)
- Runs on OxygenOS (Android 5.1.1 Lollipop)
- Snapdragon 810 v2.1 64-bit octa-core CPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM with 64GB internal storage (no card slot)
- 13MP rear camera w/ OIS, 1.3-micron pixels, Laser AF, dual-tone flash
- 5MP front camera
- Dual-SIM, Dual-LTE (nano-SIM)
- 3,300mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is pretty outdated right? Wrong! If you compare Note 5 and Note 4, there isn’t major changes. Moreover, the price of Note 4 has gone down from Rs.85,900 at launch to Rs.60,000, so its a pretty good deal to buy right now. BUY HERE
- AMOLED 5.7 inches(1440 x 2560 pixels) 493ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- Android OS, v5.1 (Lollipop) with Touch Wiz
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 Chipset
- Quad-core 2.7 GHz Krait 450 CPU
- Adreno 420 GPU
- 32 GB Internal Storage with expandable storage upto 128GB
- 3GB RAM
- Wireless Charging
- 16 MP, 5312 x 2988 pixels Rear Camera with OIS and 3.7MP Front Camera
- Non-removable Li-Po 3220 mAh battery