Amazfit announced its new Cheetah Series with the Cheetah and Cheetah Pro smartwatches a few months back. These are primarily focused on runners and athletes. The Amazfit Cheetah has now made its way to India. Okay, so let’s get straight into the specs, features, and expected price of Amazfit Cheetah and Cheetah Pro in Nepal.
Amazfit Cheetah and Cheetah Pro Overview:
Design and Display
In terms of design, the Cheetah Pro bears a circular body with a Titanium alloy built for a premium look. To keep some chunks off, Amazfit has used a fiber-reinforced polymer for the middle frame. Getting the strap, it’s a 22m nylon one and an adjustable length of 150-220mm.
The Amazfit Cheetah on the other hand comes in two shapes: round and square. The bezels on the round one are made of fiber-reinforced polymer whereas the square one features aluminum alloy bezels. Both these versions come with a liquid silicone strap. Likewise, you get a classic crown button and navigation key on the right side of both watches.
Getting to the display, the circular rim on the Pro houses a 1.45-inch AMOLED panel with 480 x 480 resolution and Gorilla Glass 3 protection. This display is rated for 1000 units of peak brightness. Meanwhile, the Amazfit Cheetah (Round) gets a 1.39-inch AMOLED screen of 454 x 454 resolution and 326 PPI. On the other hand, Cheetah (Square) has a 1.75-inch AMOLED screen of 390 x 450 resolution and 341 PPI.
Made for Runners
The key highlight of the Amazfit Cheetah series has to be the Zepp Coach powered by AI. The coach provides personalized running schedules and plans as per the user’s goals. Likewise, the adjustments will be done on a week-to-week basis as per the runner’s achievement.
The Zepp Coach will introduce an AI Chatbot in some markets as a demo program. Amazfit plans to apply a subscription-based model later on. So, the generative AI will be able to take voice and text commands. Thus, the brand ensures the experience is like a real-life one-on-one coaching session. Besides that, you also get Virtual Pacer, Racee Achievement Prediction, and Run Track Mode.
Dual Band GPS
For outdoor actions, the smartwatch packs a dual-band GPS antenna for accurate positioning and tracking. The GPS antenna is claimed to pick up 100% satellite signals with support for L1 and L5 signals. Assisting the runners is the offline maps feature alongside an option to save location points.
Health and Tracking Features
As usual, these smart wearables consist of a bunch of health and fitness tracking features. You get heart rate monitoring, SpO2 measurement, sleep tracking, stress monitoring, and so on. Both watches use BioTracker 3.0 PPG sensor for continuous monitoring alongside one-tap measurements for heart rate, SpO2, and stress.
Both Amazfit Cheetah and Cheetah Pro support 150 plus indoor and outdoor sports modes. Moreover, the wearables support automatic workout detection for 25-strength exercises.
- Also Read:
Battery Life and Others
Running the power on is a 440mAh battery on the Pro and Round versions. It is rated for a 14-day battery life in a typical usage scenario. On the other hand, the Amazfit Cheetah square version has to make do with a 240 mAh battery, giving only 8 days of typical usage. Sadly, this battery limitation comes bundled with square versions of the watches.
Talking of other features, the Pro version also supports WiFi, Bluetooth call, and audio playback from the watch itself. While the non-pro variant misses out on these. Furthermore, the Amazfit Cheetah and Cheetah Pro connect to your smartphone via the Zepp App by using Bluetooth 5.3.
Amazfit Cheetah, Cheetah Pro Specifications:
- Cheetah (Round): 46.7 x 46.7 x 11.9mm, 32 grams
- Cheetah (Square): 44 x 38.7 x 9.9mm, 25 grams
- Cheetah Pro: 47 x 47 x 11.8mm, 34 grams
- Cheetah (Round): 1.45″ AMOLED, Always-on Display (AoD), 480 x 480 pixels, 331PPI
- Cheetah (Square): 1.75″ AMOLED, Always-on Display (AoD), 390 x 450 pixels, 341 PPI
- Cheetah Pro: 1.39″ AMOLED, Always-on Display (AoD), 454 x 454 pixels, 326PPI
- Cheetah: Tempered glass, anti-fingerprint coating, anti-glare bezel
- Cheetah Pro: Tempered glass, anti-fingerprint coating
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.3 (Both), 2.4GHz WiFi, and BT Calling (Pro only)
- Audio: Microphone (Pro only)
- Cheetah (Round): 440mAh, up to 14 days (typical usage)
- Cheetah (Square): 240mAh, up to 8 days (typical usage)
- Cheetah Pro: 440mAh, up to 14 days (typical usage)
- Companion App: Zepp App (Android | iOS)
- Water Resistant: 5ATM (up to 50m)
- Sensors: BioTracker 3 PPG optical sensor, Geomagnetic, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Barometric Altimeter, GPS (Dual-band & 6 satellite positioning systems)
- Health Tracking: 24/7 hour heart rate monitoring, SpO2, Sleep tracking, Stress monitoring, PAI assessment
- Sports Modes: 150 total (25 strength training & 8 sports movements smart recognition)
Amazfit Cheetah Price in Nepal and Availability
Both versions of Amazfit Cheetah recently launched in India at the price of INR 20,999. We expect the Amazfit Cheetah price in Nepal to be around NPR 38,999. In the meantime, the Cheetah Pro has already launched globally at the price of USD 300. And we expect it to cost NPR 47,999 when it launches here.
Price in India (Official)
Price in Nepal (Expected)
- Meanwhile, you can check our Apple Watch Ultra Review.