Nepal Telecommunication Authority Requests for Expression of Interest (EoI) for broadband Internet Connection. This NTA will be providing free Internet services for community and Government Schools. Connecting Internet broadband to Community/Government School through Telecommunication/Internet Service Provider is in the annual program of Nepal Telecommunications Authority (NTA) using Rural Telecommunication Development Fund (RTDF).
Nepal Telecommunication Authority (NTA) now has invited interested eligible School for connecting internet broadband services. The School should pass out at least two batches of +2 and or SLC to be eligible for the submission of EoI. The School concerned should provide information about the experience, number of students, number of teachers and other related infrastructures (laboratories, equipment etc.). NTA also mentioned in the public notices on their website that the NTA will have all the rights to accept and reject the interest from any applications with or without any reason. To register your school NTA has published a Offline form on their website in the Public Notices.
NTA has listed out some criteria for selection to be eligible for broadband connection as follows:
- Academic history of School
- Qualification and Competency of the related personnel’s’ and in the field of ICTs.
- Institutional Facilities such as related Laboratories, Equipment etc.
- Enrolment of the Students
- Similar activities carried out in the past years.
- Sustainability of School in the field of ICTs.
- EoI must be duly signed, wax sealed and delivered to the address below at or before 15:00 hour on 30 April 2016.
NTA’s plan to provide free internet services to community and governmental school is a huge move. With such projects the schools can help compete with private schools. Also, students in with access to internet will have more exposure.
What are your thoughts? Do you think NTA can succced in upcomming 2 years time? You can comment them below.