Asus took to the stage at CES 2022 to unveil what it calls the “world’s most powerful gaming tablet”. The new Asus ROG Flow Z13 is a Windows gaming tablet that comes packed with Intel’s new 12th Gen processors and RTX 30-series graphics, with an option to hook an external GPU too. In this article, we will be discussing the new Asus ROG Flow Z13 in more detail, including its specs, features, expected price, and availability in Nepal.
Asus ROG Flow Z13 Overview:
Design and Display
To start with, Asus has gone with what it calls a “retro-futurism design”, inspired by “the 20th century’s space race”. The ROG Flow Z13’s chassis is made from CNC-milled aluminum with an anti-fingerprint coating on top. At the back, you can notice the 170° built-in kickstand and the RGB-lit window that gives you a glimpse of the components inside.
Over on the front, it has a glossy 13.4-inch IPS display with a 16:10 aspect ratio. There are two screen variants to choose from: a 4K 60Hz panel or a 120Hz FHD panel. Irrespective of the screen options, ROG Flow Z13 boasts Gorilla Glass protection, Adaptive Sync, Dolby Vision, and Pantone validation.
Performance and Cooling
As mentioned earlier, this gaming tablet features the latest mobile chips from Intel and NVIDIA. It is configurable with up to Intel Core i9-12900H and RTX 3050 Ti. The variants with discrete GPUs also feature MUX (Multiplexer) Switch, which allows users to disable the integrated graphics in favor of discrete GPU for a performance boost.
Alternately, you can also connect RTX 3080 or Radeon RX 6850M XT eGPU using the XG Mobile interface.
To keep the tablet from overheating from all these components, Asus has used liquid metal here, which it says can keep the CPU up to 10°C cooler. Similarly, there is also a vapor chamber that expands over heat pipes for CPU, GPU, and VRAM. Then there are Arc Flow Fans with 0.15mm ultra-thin fin and 0dB cooling mode.
Also, the fact that the major components are on the back of the screen and not underneath the keyboard gives it an advantage over traditional laptops in terms of airflow and cooling.
- Also Read:
Moving on, the Asus ROG Flow Z13 comes with two 8GB LPDDR5 sticks resulting in a total of 16GB RAM. Unfortunately, they are soldered onto the motherboard and thus can not be upgraded further. On the other hand, you can choose between 512GB or 1TB of NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD.
Keyboard, Touchpad, Audio
Likewise, this tablet comes with a portable screen cover keyboard with a 1.7mm key travel and N-key rollover. It supports single-zone RGB backlighting and is compatible with Aura Sync. The keyboard cover also has an integrated touchpad.
As for audio, ROG Flow Z13 has two Smart AMP speakers with support for Dolby Atmos audio. Similarly, you also get a 3-mic array with AI noise cancelation.
Battery and Connectivity
Fueling the tablet is a 56Wh Li-ion battery, and Asus ships it with a 100W Type-C power adapter. In terms of connectivity, it has two USB Type-C, one USB-A, a 3.5mm headphone jack, a microSD card reader, and a ROG XG Mobile interface. Similarly, it also has support for Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.2.
Asus ROG Flow Z13 Specifications:
- Design & Build: Aluminum alloy build, 11.89W x 8.03D x 0.47H-inches, 1.12 – 1.18 kg
- Display Size: 13.4″ glossy IPS touch panel, 16:10 aspect ratio
- Display Options:
- 4K: 60Hz, 85% DCI-P3
- FHD: 120Hz, 100% sRGB
- Keyboard: Chiclet-style backlit keyboard (one zone RGB, 1.7mm travel)
- Processor: Up to12th Gen Intel Core i9-12900H CPU, 14C/20T, 5.0GHz Turbo Boost Max Frequency
- RAM: 2x 8GB LPDDR5 (soldered)
- Storage: Up to 1TB M.2 PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD
- Graphics: Up to NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050, 4GB GDDR6 (Up to 40W with Dynamic Boost)
- Audio: 2x Smart Amp speakers, Dolby Atmos audio, Hi-Res certification
- Battery: 56 Watt-hours 4-cell Li-Ion battery
- Power Supply: 100W USB Type-C adapter
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 6E, Bluetooth 5.2
- I/O Ports: 1x 3.5mm audio jack, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C (DisplayPort, Power Delivery, G-Sync), 1x Thunderbolt (DisplayPort, Power Delivery), 1x USB 2.0 Gen 1 Type-A, 1x Micro Card reader, 1x ROG XG Mobile Interface
Asus ROG Flow Z13 Price in Nepal and Availability
Asus ROG Flow Z13 will go on sale on Q1 2022 at a starting price of EUR 1,899. We expect the price of Asus ROG Flow Z13 (2022) in Nepal to start at NPR 300,000 if and when it launches here.
|Gaming Tablet||Price in Europe||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|Asus ROG Flow Z13||EUR 1,899||NPR 300,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our picks for the best tablets under $500.