With the addition of Mate S, Huawei also unveiled a new upper midrange smartphone. Named as Huawei G8, the phone features a fingerprint sensor, some astounding innovation, and a sizeable battery of 3000mAh capacity.
The phone is made up of 90% metal and gives a premium feel to the end user. On the back, there are rubberized parts that offer more grip than other handsets. Under the hood, the phone features a 5.5 inch Full HD display, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage with a microSD card expansion slot, a 3,000mAh battery, and 4G LTE capabilities. Huawei talked about two major innovation during the launch event of G8. Firstly, Huawei claims that there will be no network connection issues due to the double antennas on the top and bottom of the smartphone. Secondly, Huawei claims G8 13MP camera has exceptional low-light performance, using dynamic lighting.
However, the biggest letdown of the Huawei G8 is its processor. It features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 chipset which we all know is not the fastest processor you can have in a smartphone. We can expect the phone to struggle while playing high-end games, but you should expect the phone to perform well while doing other normal tasks.
Huawei G8 Full specs:
- 5.5-inch 2.5D Full-HD Touchscreen display
- 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 octa-core processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage with microSD expandable slot
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone flash
- 5MP front camera
- Dual-SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3000mAh Non-removable battery
- Android 5.1 with Emotion UI v3.1
- Dimension: 152 x 76.5 x 7.5mm
- Weight: 167g
- Colors: Gold, Dark Silver and White
The Huawei G8 will initially be available in Europe at a price tag of €399. Nothing has been told about its availability in Asian markets including Nepal.