Lenovo has officially released the new Zuk Z2 smartphone that packs some series specs underneath for an asking price of just $280. It is made available only in China as of now, but should be launched in other markets as well.
It houses a 5-inch full HD (1920×1080) display with a 2.5D glass finish. It features the latest and greatest 64-bit Quadcore Snapdragon 820 processor (2×2.15 GHz Kryo + 2×1.6 GHz Kryo) and Adreno 530 GPU that is clocked at 2.1 GHz. With 4GB of RAM and 64GB of onboard storage, memory should not be an issue with the phone although, it doesn’t have a memory card slot.
The Lenovo Zuk Z2 is currently running on Android Marshmallow 6.0 based on ZUI 2.0. Connectivity wise, the handset supports two nano-SIM slots, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1, and GPS. Powering is a 3500 mAh battery which gets charged up from a USB Type-C port with quick charge 3.0 support. The Fingerprint sensor is embedded in the home button. The rear shooter is a 13MP with EIS and PDAF and a f/2.2 aperture lens. It also supports slow motion at 960fps. The 8MP front facing camera comes with a f/2.0 aperture. Lenovo has also added an internal heat conduction technology which they claim will prevents the Zuk Z2 from overheating.
ZUK Z2 Full Specs:
- 5-inch Full HD LTPS 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.15GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM; 64GB internal storage (No microSD card slot)
- Android Marshmallow 6.0 with ZUI 2.0
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/ 2.2, 5P lens, PDAF, CAF dual-mode focus, EIS
- 8MP front-facing camera with 1.4μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, wide viewing angle
- Fingerprint scanner (home button)
- Dimensions: 141.65×68.88×8.45mm; Weight: 149g
- Dual (nano) SIM, 4G LTE, WiFi a/ b/g/n/ac , Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB V2.0 Type-C
- 3500mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
Lenovo Zuk Z2, looking at the specs, could be crowned as a true flagship killer of 2016. But, we will hold our judgement until the full review. So, what do you think about Lenovo’s latest smartphone? Let us know in the comments!