The OPPO A7 is yet to launch, even after it’s so-called predecessor has been enjoying the sunlight for a few days now. The Oppo A7x is as close to the Oppo F9 as it gets, without the VOOC fast charging support. The Oppo A7 too shares a few similarities with another such smartphone (Oppo A5), although these specs are just rumors for now, no matter how compelling they might seem.
Going by the rumors, the Oppo A7 will feature a 6.2″ display with a resolution of 1520 x 720 pixels. That should go pretty well with the Snapdragon 450 SoC guided by the Adreno 506 GPU. RAM sizes come in at 3GB and 4GB whereas you get only one storage option, which is 32GB but it’s still expandable.
There is going to be a 13MP f/2.2 and 2MP f/2.4 dual camera set up at the back. The front will house a single 16MP f/2.0 camera with the usual AI tricks built in. This front camera is probably one of the only upgrades over the Oppo A5.
The rest of the features will probably surprise no one. Like the 802.11ac Wifi, Bluetooth 4.2, G-Sensor, OTG support or the E-Compass sensor. It does not come with NFC, although it might not be because it’s targeted markets do not really care about this feature. The last piece of information is the color options, which are Glaze Blue and Glaring Gold, which is a factor that OPPO buyers might be interested in.
Specifications of Oppo A7:
- Display: 6.2 inch IPS Display
- Resolution: HD+ (1520 x 720 pixels)
- SoC: Qualcomm Snapdragon 450
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Rear camera: 13MP f/2.2 + 2MP f/2.4 dual camera setup w LED flash
- Front camera: 16MP f/2.0
- RAM: 3GB/4GB
- Storage: 32GB (expandable storage up to 256GB)
- Operating system: ColorOS 5.2, based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Dimensions: 155.9mm x 75.4mm x 8.1mm; Weight: 158g
- SIM: Nano
- OTG: Yes
- NFC: No
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, 2.4GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n WiFi
- Color options: Glaze Blue, Glaring Gold
- Sensors: E-Compass, Light sensor, proximity sensor, G sensor, Accelerometer
- Battery: 4230mAh
You might be interested in: Oppo F9 Full Review!