Razer has an excellent reputation in the gaming industry. Gaming laptops from the company rank among the best because of their design, specs, and features. Razer Blade Pro 17 2020 is the company’s latest offering. The highlight this year’s model is its 300Hz screen and the latest 10th-gen Intel Core processors. Let’s check what else Razer Blade Pro 17 2020 has to offer along with its expected price in Nepal.
Razer Blade Pro 17 2020 Overview
The Blade Pro 17 lineup has offered some of the best gaming laptops in the industry. Razer advertises this laptop to be fit for both gamers and creative content creators. The 2020 iteration of the Razer Blade Pro 17 repeats the last year’s design but with the option of up to 300Hz refresh rate and upgraded internals.
Design and Display
There is not much to talk about the design of the new Razer Blade Pro 17. The chassis is CNC milled and cut from a single block of Aluminum. Razer has added a layer of an anodized matte finish to minimize scratches.
The major head-turner is the 300Hz refresh rate. However, it is available only in the 1080p models. The refresh rate on the UHD 4K model is limited to 120Hz. 300Hz screen is for gamers, while the 4K screen resolution will come handy for content creators. No matter which model you choose, you will get a 17.3-inch IPS screen that covers 100% sRGB color gamut. The 4K panel also supports 100% of Adobe RGB space and 10 point multi-touch.
Performance and Memory
The new Razer Blade Pro 17 is powered by Intel’s 10 Gen Core i7 – 10875H. It has eight cores, compared to 6 cores in its predecessor, and boasts a turbo boost speed of up to 5.1 GHz. The cache size is now of 16MB and added core count will help creators with multi-threaded operation while the boosted clock frequency will add to the gaming experience.
In terms of graphics, the base variant comes with NVIDIA RTX 2070 Max-Q, but you also have the option of RTX 2080 Super Max-Q. For memory, you will have 16 GB of DDR4 RAM. The gaming models come with 512GB of SSD, while the Creators model comes with 1TB of SSD. You also get an extra M.2 slot that you can use to upgrade storage up to 2TB.
Razer has retained the vapor-chamber cooling system from last year’s model for active cooling. To aid in the cooling process, the company has also included a dual-fan arrangement. Usually, a vapor chamber cooling system is more effective at keeping the temperature down compared to fan-based systems.
Ports and Connectivity
The Razer Blade Pro 17 supports Wi-Fi 6 (Intel AX201) and Bluetooth 5. It has 3 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A, 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C, 1x Thunderbolt 3, 1 x 2.5GB Ethernet, 1 x HDMI port and 1 x UHS – III SD card reader. It has an integrated HD webcam with IR for Windows Hello face unlock. The stereo speakers support Dolby Atmos. Powering the whole setup is a 70.5 WHr Lithium Polymer battery.
Razer Blade Pro 17 2020 Specifications:
- Design and Build: Aluminum body, Anodized Matte Black finish
- Dimensions: 395 x 10.24 x 0.78 mm
- Weight: 2.75 kg (6.06 pounds)
- Display: 17.3″ IPS / TFT touch display, 100% sRGB, 300 / 400 nits brightness
- Resolution: FHD (1920 x 1080) with 300Hz refresh rate / 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) with 120 Hz refresh rate, 100% Adobe RGB
- Keyboard: Pre-Key RGB Keyboard powered by Razer Chroma
- Processor: Octa-core 10th-gen i7-10875H processor, Base-Clock @ 2.3 GHz, Turbo Boost Clock up to 5.1 GHz
- RAM: Dual-Channel DDR4 16 GB (upgradeable up to 64 GB with Intel XMP support)
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2070 Max-Q / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2080 Max-Q
- Battery: 70.5 Watt-hours
- Adapter: 230 Watts
- Storage: 512 GB PCIe NVMe / 1TB PCIe (both upgradeable to up to 2TB)
- Webcam: 720p Webcam with IR for Windows Hello
- Audio: Stereo Speakers with Dolby Atmos
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6 (Intel AX201) 802.11 a/b/g/n/ax, Bluetooth 5.0
- Ports: 3 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports, 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type – C port, 1x Thunderbolt 3 Port, 1 x 2.5GB Ethernet port, 1 x HDMI port and 1 x UHS – III SD card reader
Razer Blade Pro 17 2020 Price in Nepal & Availability (Expected)
Razer Blade Pro 17 2020 will be available through Razer’s official site with a starting price of $1,999.99 and can go up to $3,799.99 for the top-end model. We expect the price of Razer Blade Pro 17 2020 in Nepal to be around Rs. 3,00,000 for the base variant.
|Razer Blade Pro 17 (2020) Model||Price||Availability|
|FHD, 300Hz, NVIDIA RTX 2070 Max–Q, 512GB SSD||$2,599 (~ NPR 3,65,000)||May 2020|
|FHD, 300Hz, NVIDIA RTX 2080 Max–Q, 512GB SSD||$3,199 (~ NPR 4,45,000)||May 2020|
|4K UHD, 120Hz, NVIDIA RTX 2080 Max–Q, 512GB SSD||$3,799(~ NPR 5,25,000)||May 2020|
Check out our review of the ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo!