Sony launched its flagship wireless headphones, the WH-1000XM5, back in May 2022. And finally, after more than a year, it is now available in Nepal as well. So, let’s get over the specs, features, official price, and availability of the Sony WH-1000XM5 in Nepal.
Sony WH-1000XM5 Overview:
First, the things it improves upon.
The Sony WH-1000XM5 goes in a completely new direction with its design. After a long time, this series has received some sort of major redesign, which includes a new type of hinge that holds the earpads.
The thing is, its slimmer headband ends at a single contact point where the hinge attachment is hidden. While this allows for movement in every direction, its earcups aren’t collapsible like on the WH-1000XM4. Other than that, there are some smaller changes here and there, such as a slider-type switch for the power button, proximity sensor placements, and such.
Improved noise cancellation
Moving on, the Sony WH-1000XM5 doubles the number of microphones. It ships with an 8-microphone system and two chips to process all that information: QN1 and V1. Paired with the Auto NC Optimizer, the noise-canceling performance automatically optimizes based on external factors and wear conditions.
- You may also like:
- Understanding Noise Cancellation Technology (ANC, Passive Noise Isolation)
- Sony says its new WF-1000XM5 are “the best noise canceling earbuds”
- Sony Xperia 10 V announced with 60Hz OLED display, Snapdragon 695
Enhanced sound quality
Another thing that’s improved is the audio quality. The decrease in the driver’s size from 40mm to 30mm might technically seem like a downgrade. However, Sony says they have better, more natural audio and much better high-frequency response.
And now, the things that aren’t much different.
The WH-1000XM4 introduced “Edge AI”, which continues on in this iteration as well. This feature is used in conjunction with DSEE Extreme to upscale the compressed audio. In addition, the WH-1000XM5 utilizes four beamforming mics to pick up your voice and uses a custom noise-reduction algorithm for clearer phone calls.
Rest of the features
Apart from all these, Sony’s new WH-1000XM5 can automatically pause the music as you start speaking too. This is what the company calls the “Speak-to-Chat”. Similarly, it also supports wear detection so that the music pauses right away when you’ve put off the headphone. In addition, it has all the typical features such as voice assistant, “Headphones Connect” app support, etc.
The Sony WH-1000XM5 also supports 360° Reality Audio and can be paired with two devices simultaneously. It even delivers Hi-Res audio, thanks to Sony’s own proprietary LDAC codec provided here. Other than this, this headphone offers up to 30 hours of battery life with ANC on (or 10 hours more with ANC turned off). It also supports quick charging, where just 3 minutes of charge gives you 3 hours of music playback.
Sony WH-1000XM5 Specifications:
- Weight: 250 grams (approx.)
- Headphone Type: Closed, over-ear
- Driver Unit: 30mm, dome type, dynamic
- Impedance: 48Ω (when connected via cable with the unit turned on), 16Ω (when connected via cable with the unit turned off)
- Frequency Response: 4 Hz – 40,000 Hz
- Frequency Response (Bluetooth Communication): 20 Hz – 20,000 Hz (44.1 kHz), 20 Hz – 40,000 Hz (LDAC 96 kHz, 990kbps)
- Input: Stereo mini-jack
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.2
- Codecs: SBC, AAC, LDAC
- Active Noise Cancelling: Yes, V1 and QN1 processor + 8-mic setup
- Playback Time: 30 hours (ANC on), 40 hours (ANC on)
- Battery Charge Time: 3.5 hrs (approx.)
- Features: Auto NC Optimiser, DSEE Extreme, Edge AI, 360 Reality Audio, Speak to Chat, Precise Voice Pickup
Sony WH-1000XM5 Price in Nepal and Availability
The official Sony WH-1000XM5 price in Nepal is NPR 58,000. But you can get it with a flat 10% off right now. WH-1000XM5 is available in Nepal via Nepa Hima Trade Link, which is the official distributor of Sony products in the country.
|Headphone Model||Price in Nepal (Official)||Availability|
- Meanwhile, check our Sony WH-1000XM4 review