The number of smartphones these days is overwhelming. There are so many to choose from, and many times, it’s very confusing. Sometimes, the confusion is created by the name games smartphone companies play, and this one, here, looks nothing more than a name game. Vivo, reportedly, is launching a budget phone with triple cameras, dubbed the Vivo Y3, in China. But, the specs look all too familiar!
The Vivo Y3 looks pretty identical to the Vivo Y17. It has a plastic body with a large 6.35″ HD display. Its triple camera module comprises of a 13 MP primary lens, an 8 MP ultra-wide angle camera and a 2 MP depth sensor. This is fine and all, but does it remind you of something else? The Vivo Y17, perhaps?
To confirm the suspicions, even the rest of the specifications of the phone match. The Y3 runs on the Helio P35 chipset, supported by 4 GB of RAM. There’s also 128 GB storage and a massive 5000 mAh battery with 18-Watt Fast Charging. So, yes, everything, down to the last bit looks familiar.
Of course, it’s not unusual for brands to launch phones in different regions with different monikers. So, maybe the same Y17 that is launching in Nepal soon is the Y3 in China. Pricing is said to be around 1400 Chinese Yuan, but there are no other confirmations.
Vivo Y3 Specifications:
- Display: 6.35″ IPS LCD with HD+ resolution (720 x 1544 pixels), 19.3:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: Triple-setup, 13 MP primary with f/2.2 aperture & PDAF + 8 MP ultra-wide with f/2.2 aperture + 2 MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: Single, 20 MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Processor: MediaTek Helio P35
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 4 GB
- OS: Android Pie with FunTouch 9
- Storage: 128 GB internal
- Battery: 5000 mAh, 18-Watt Fast Charging
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass