Xiaomi has unveiled two of its latest product — a smartphone called the Redmi Pro and surprisingly a laptop as well called the Mi Notebook Air. Both the devices look surprisingly good in terms of looks and specs and are cheap as one would expect from Xiaomi. Redmi Pro lies in the budget lineup, but by the looks and pumped up specs, it seems rather like a top tier mid-range device which shows the standard where today’s budget phones stand. On the other hand, the Mi Notebook looks stunningly similar to the Mac Book Air which is not necessarily a bad thing.
Redmi Pro features a unibody metal construct with a 5.5-inch Full HD OLED panel with 2.5D glass. This is the first phone from Xiaomi to include an OLED panel and it doesn’t stop there, it even features a dual camera setup for an immersive bokeh mode. With the dual camera setup, the usual fingerprint sensor on the back has shifted to the front home button. Talking about the camera, it features a 13MP camera and a second 5MP Camera to capture the depth information to give immersive bokeh effect which was also present on the recently launched Huawei P9.
There are three variants of the Redmi Pro based on their storage, 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB. Both the 32GB and 64GB version comes with 3GB of RAM but the 128GB comes with 4GB of RAM. The 32GB variant sports Helio X20 SoC while the 64GB and 128GB version comes with the more powerful Helio X25. Both the Helio X20 and X25 are deca-core processor offering great performance.
Besides this, Redmi Pro features a 4,050mAh battery with quick charging via its USB C port. It is currently running on MIUI 8 on top of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Talking about their prices, the base model with 32GB storage costs $225, 64GB variant costs $255 and the exclusive edition 128GB costs $300.
Specifications Redmi Pro:
- 5.5 inches(1080 x 1920) @401ppi with OLED Panel
- MIUI 8 on top of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Mediatek MT6797T Helio X25 Chipset with Deca-core 2.5 GHz CPU (128GB)
- Mediatek MT6797T Helio X25 Chipset with Deca-core 2.3 GHz CPU (64GB)
- Mediatek MT6797 Helio X20 Chipset with Deca-core 2.1 GHz CPU (32GB)
- Mali-T880 MP4 GPU
- 128 GB Internal Storage, 4 GB RAM
- 32/64 GB Internal Storage, 3 GB RAM
- Expandable up to 256GB via MicroSD card
- Dual 13 MP/5MP Rear Camera with f/2.0, phase detection autofocus
- 5 MP Front Facing Camera
- Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Fast Charging
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Non-removable Li-Ion 4050 mAh battery
Mi Notebook Air: