Asus has launched its new 2-in-1 notebook in China, called the Asus ROG Magic X. It’s powered by Intel’s 12th gen H-series processors, which are likely to be found in most gaming laptops. In this article, we will go through the specs, features, availability, and expected price of Asus ROG Magic X in Nepal.
Asus ROG Magic X Overview:
Design and Display
The ROG Magic X is a thin 2-in-1 notebook that comes with a detachable keyboard. As a result, it can be used on a laptop as well as a Windows tablet. The device weighs 1.2 kg, measures 12mm thick, and has a built-in stand that can be adjusted up to 170 degrees.
Over on the front, it flaunts a 13.4-inch touchscreen with 1920 x 1200 pixels resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass protection, and a 120Hz refresh rate. Likewise, it features a 16:10 aspect ratio with Adaptive-sync technology, Dolby Vision HDR, 500nits brightness, and Pantone color certification.
In terms of performance, you can choose the ROG Magic X in three different configurations—Intel Core i5-12500H, Core i7-12700H, or Core i9-12900H. The latter two are paired with GeForce RTX 3050 and 3050Ti graphics cards, respectively.
Moreover, the memory option includes up to 16GB of LPDDR5@5200MHz RAM and up to 1TB of PCIe 4x4SSD storage. The notebook even supports XG mobile docking station—an external GPU dock—which comes with GeForce RTX 3080 GPU at 150W TGP for professional gamers.
Rest of the specs
Furthermore, the port options include a USB Type-A, a USB 3.2 Type-C (w/ DP1.4 and PD), a Thunderbolt 4, a 3.5mm audio jack, and a micro SD card slot. For biometrics, it has a fingerprint scanner embedded in the power button. Fueling the laptop is a 56Wh cell with a 100W adapter that juices it to 50% in just 30 minutes.
Asus ROG Magic X Specifications:
- Display: 13.4-inch touchscreen, Adaptive-sync, Dolby Vision HDR, 500nits, Pantone color certification
- Resolution: WUXGA (1920 x 1200 pixels), 16:10 aspect ratio
- Keyboard: AURA RGB keyboard
- Processor: Intel Core i5-12500H / i7-12700H / i9-12900H
- i5: Intel Iris Xe
- i7: GeForce RTX 3050 (4GB GDDR6)
- i9: GeForce RTX 3050Ti (4GB GDDR6)
- RAM: 16GB LPDDR5@5200MHz
- Storage: up to 1TB PCIe 4×4 SSD
- Rear Camera: 8MP
- Front Camera: 720p
- Battery: 56 Watt-hours
- Audio: Dual speakers with Dolby Atmos
- Power Supply: 100W power adapter
- Connectivity: WiFi 6E, Bluetooth 5.2
- I/O Ports: 1x USB Type-A, 1x USB 3.2 Type-C (w/ DP1.4 and PD), 1x Thunderbolt 4, 1x micro SD card slot, 1 x 3.5mm audio jack
Asus ROG Magic X Price in Nepal and Availability
The ROG Magic X is up for pre-order in China at a starting price of CNY 8,999 for the base Core i5 model while the Core i7 and i9 variant retail for CNY 11,499 and CNY 13,499, respectively. We expect the price of Asus ROG Magic X in Nepal to start at NPR 180,000 if and when it launches here.
|Asus ROG Magic X||Price in China||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|i5-12500H, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD||CNY 8,999||NPR 180,000|
|i7-12700H, RTX 3050, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD||CNY 11,499||NPR 225,000|
|i9-12900H, RTX 3050Ti, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD||CNY 13,499||NPR 265,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our pick for the best mid-range gaming laptops.