Poco, via its official social media handles (Facebook, Twitter), had teased a return to the Nepalese market. And today, the company unveiled the Poco C3 and M2 via an online event. Let’s take a look at these two new Poco phones in Nepal along with their specs, official price, and availability.
Poco’s Debut in Nepal
If we look at the budget and mid-range segment of the Nepali smartphone market, Xiaomi has made a name for itself because of its aggressive pricing strategy. As of now, it has made devices from the budget Redmi and flagship Mi lineups for the Nepali audience. It even brought the Poco F1 in Nepal when Poco was a sub-brand of Xiaomi. Since the spun off of Poco as an independent in India, there was confusion among fans if they see the brand again in Nepal.
Poco is now officially back in the Nepalese smartphone industry with two phones: Poco C3 and Poco M2. Regardless of the spin-off, it seems like Xiaomi and Poco will be under the same leadership here in Nepal. That also means the distribution of Poco smartphones in Nepal will be handled by Vatsal Impex and Teletalk. In terms of their price, the two Poco phones that have launched today in Nepal are fairly competitive.
Poco C3 is the company‘s cheapest phone yet. It is based on Redmi 9C, which is also our pick for the best phone under Rs. 15,000 in Nepal. Frankly speaking, Poco picked up the Redmi 9C, altered the design of the rear panel, removed the fingerprint scanner, and rebranded it as Poco C3.
It features a 6.53-inch HD+ display with a waterdrop notch to house the 5MP selfie camera. The display has a 20:9 aspect ratio and its reading mode is certified by TUV Rheinland. The rear panel has a dual-tone design. The device is P2i certified against minor splashes.
Poco C3 is powered by MediaTek’s Helio G35 SoC. On the software front, the device ships with MIUI 12 based on Android 10. The highlight here is the Poco Clean Experience which promises an ad-free experience. The 13MP primary camera is accompanied by two 2MP sensors. The 5,000mH battery on the Poco C3 comes with Poco’s Better Battery 2.0.
Poco C3 Specifications:
- Dimension: 164.9 x 77.1 x 9mm; 194g
- Display: 6.43-inch In-cell LCD display; Panda Glass Screen Protection
- Resolution: HD+ (1600 x 720 pixels); 20:9
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G35 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Imagination PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 3/4GB
- Storage: 32GB / 64GB, expandable with SD card
- OS: Android 10 with MIUI 12 on top
- Rear Camera: Triple-cameras;
– 13MP rear camera, f/2.2, 1.0μm
– 2MP macro camera, f/2.4, 1.75μm
– 2MP depth sensor, f/2.4, 1.75μm
– LED flash
- Front Camera: 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, Micro USB 2.0, A-GPS/GLONASS, Beidou
- Battery: 5000mAh, 10W charging via Micro USB
- Colors: Arctic Blue, Matte Black, Lime Green
- Price: Rs. 14,999 (4/64GB)
Poco M2 is based on Redmi 9, or the Redmi 9 Prime. Unlike the latter, it comes with a single 6GB RAM option with storage reaching up to 128GB. Powering the phone is the MediaTek Helio G80 SoC (based on 12nm process node). This is a gaming-first silicon which is placed below Helio G85, and the G90T.
Moving on, the phone has a 6.53″ FHD display, with a tiny teardrop notch. It is also protected by Corning’s Gorilla Glass 3. Poco M2 is equipped with a quad-camera setup consisting of a 13MP primary, an 8MP ultrawide, a 5MP macro, and finally a 2MP depth sensor. Similarly, there’s an 8MP selfie shooter on the aforementioned notch. The phone gets its juice from a big 5000mAh battery that support 18W fast charging via USB-C.
Poco M2 Specifications:
- Body: 163.3 x 77 x 9.1mm; 198 gm
- Display: 6.53-inches IPS LCD panel; 395PPI; Gorilla Glass 3
- Resolution: FHD+ (2340 x 1080 pixels); 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G80; 12nm Mobile Platform
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC2
- RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Storage: 64/128GB (expandable via a dedicated microSD slot)
- Rear Camera: Quad-camera;
– 13MP f/2.2 primary lens
– 8MP f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle lens
– 5MP f/2.4 macro sensor
– 2MP f/2.4 depth sensor
- Front Camera: 8MP sensor (notch)
- Security: Fingerprint sensor (rear-mounted)
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh with 18W charging
- Price: Rs. 18,999 (6/64GB) | Rs. 19,999 (6/128GB)
Poco Mobiles Price in Nepal [Summary]
|Smartphone Model||Price in Nepal (Official)|
|Poco C3 (4/64GB)||NPR 14,999|
|Poco M2 (6/64GB)||NPR 18,999|
- Check out our review of the Xiaomi Redmi 9A.