Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 has been one of the best portable gaming/productivity laptops for a couple of years now. The 2022 Edition of the laptop was announced at CES 2022, addressing the flaws of the previous iterations. It has now received a sweet price drop in Nepal. So, let’s get into the specs, features, official price, and availability of the Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 (2022) in Nepal.
Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 (2022) Overview:
Design and Display
From the outside, the latest Zephyrus G14 looks almost the same as its predecessor. The laptop gets the same ultraportable design that we have been accustomed to, with two color options: Moonlight White and Eclipse Gray.
Those who like to show off their device would be happy to know that the AniMe Matrix now has more LEDs for sharper and smoother animation. Asus has even updated the Virtual PetOMNI with new games like Slot Machine, Shoot’em Up, and Whack-A-Mole.
However, you are more likely to notice the changes when you lift open the laptop. There’s a 14″ IPS LCD panel underneath with a taller 16:10 aspect ratio and a minimized bottom chin. You can choose between a 120Hz QHD or a 144Hz FHD panel. The former boasts 100% DCI-P3 coverage, 500 nits of brightness, and Pantone validation.
Asus has even added a dedicated webcam at the top bezel this time, which supports Windows Hello authentication.
CPU and GPU
On the inside, Asus has gone full-AMD by replacing NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 30-series GPU from last year with Radeon RX 6000 cards. You can now configure the laptop with up to Ryzen 9 6900HS and Radeon RX 6800S.
Since Zephyrus G14 is part of the AMD Advantage framework, it will support the new SmartShift Max. It’s a technology similar to NVIDIA’s Dynamic Boost that dynamically adjusts the power-sharing between CPU and GPU for optimum performance for a given scenario.
This time around, Asus has also included a MUX (Multiplexer) switch that lets users bypass the integrated GPU for improved graphics performance.
As for thermals, Asus has finally adopted a vapor chamber heatsink with over 48% board coverage. Similarly, there is liquid metal for both CPU and GPU, whereas it was only available for CPU on last-gen G14. Asus has updated the Arc Flow Fans with 84 curved blades and variable blade thickness, too. With this, the company is claiming up to 32% more airflow and 2% quieter operation.
- Also Read:
Memory and Upgradeability
As for memory, the new Zephyrus G14 (2022) gets the new DDR5 RAM and PCIe 4.0 SSD treatment. 16GB of DDR5-4800 is soldered onto the motherboard, while you can configure the other SO-DIMM slot with up to 16GB RAM. As for storage, you get up to 1TB of PCIe NVMe 4.0 SSD.
Keyboard, Touchpad, Audio
The keyboard on 2022’s Zephyrus G14 now has one zone RGB backlighting. It has an N-key rollover and customizable hotkeys with macro functions. The touchpad is also 50% larger this time to make up for the taller screen.
As for audio, you get twin tweeters and Smart Amp woofers. There are six default audio presets, and you can even create additional custom presets. Asus has also included two-way AI noise cancelation for video calls and streaming.
Rest of the specs
The battery has remained unchanged, though. You get the same 76Wh 4-cell Li-ion battery. Asus includes a 100W Type-C power adapter in the box as well. However, the company has replaced the Kensington lock slot with a UHS-II Micro SD card reader.
Other ports include two USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C, one USB 3.2 Type-A, one 3.5mm audio jack, and an HDMI 2.0b port. As for wireless connectivity, there’s Bluetooth 5.2 and Wi-Fi 6E.
Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 (2022) Specifications:
- Design & Build: Magnesium-aluminum alloy build, 12.28W x 8.94D x 0.73H-inches, 1.65 – 1.72 kg
- Color Options: Moonlight White, Eclipse Grey
- Display: 14″ anti-glare IPS panel, 120Hz / 144Hz refresh rate
- Resolution: FHD / WQXGA resolution, 16:10 aspect ratio
- Keyboard: Chiclet-style backlit keyboard (one zone RGB)
- Trackpad: Glass multi-touch trackpad, Windows Precision drivers
- Processor: Up to AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS CPU, 8C/16T, 4.9GHz Max Boost Frequency, 16MB L3 Cache
- RAM: 16GB DDR5 on-board, 16GB DDR5-4800 SO-DIMM (Up to 32GB)
- Storage: Up to 1TB M.2 PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD
- Graphics: up to AMD Radeon RX 6800S, Up to 150W with SmartShift (8GB GDDR6 VRAM)
- Audio: 2x tweeter, 2x speaker, Dolby Atmos audio, Hi-Res certification
- Battery: 76 Watt-hours 4-cell Li-Ion battery
- Power Supply: 100W USB Type-C adapter, 240W AC power adapter
- Webcam: 720p HD IR with Windows Hello
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 6E, Bluetooth 5.2
- I/O Ports: 1x 3.5mm audio jack, 1x HDMI 2.0b, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C, 2x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C (DisplayPort, Power Delivery, FreeSync support), 1x UHS-II Micro Card reader
Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 (2022) Price in Nepal and Availability
The initial price of the ROG Zephyrus G14 GA402 in Nepal was Rs. 293,333 for the Ryzen 6900HS, RX 6700S, 16GB RAM RAM, and 1TB SSD. After the recent price drop, you can get it for Rs. 264,900 through Asus-authorized computer stores. For this price, it is among the best premium gaming laptops in Nepal right now.
|Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 (2022)||Old Price||New Price|
|G14 GA402RJ (14″ WQXGA 120Hz, Ryzen 9 6900HS, RX 6700S, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD)||Rs. 293,333||Rs. 264,900 (Buy Here)|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 (2021).