LeEco has yet again teamed up with Coolpad to launch their second smartphone – Cool 2. The Coolpad Cool 2 is the new product made from the collaboration of the brands after the Cool 1 which was well-received in Nepal. We cannot consider the new smartphone as the direct successor to the Cool 1, but it still displays its own set of perks.
The Coolpad Cool 2 features a 5.7 inch 2.5D curved 18:9 ratio HD+ display. One of the major highlights of the smartphone is definitely it’s splash resistant body. The Cool 2 is powered by a 64-bit MediaTek MT6750 Octa-Core SoC. It is equipped with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of expandable storage.
The rear side the phone includes a fingerprint sensor, alongside a 13MP + 0.3MP dual camera setup with flash. At the front, you get an 8MP camera. The smartphone also offers a headphone jack and a micro USB port.
Backing the device is a 3200mAh battery packaged under a 154.7×73.3x9mm metal body. The Cool 2 runs on Android Nougat 7.0 with a custom UI on top. The phone also doesn’t seem to support any type of quick charging mechanism.
Pricing and availability are yet to be disclosed, but as the smartphone is a lower midrange device, it will be priced below the $150 threshold. As for the availability, it’s expected to be available in China before the end of next month. Also, there is a high chance this phone will be China exclusive, so do not get your hopes high yet.
Coolpad Cool 2 Specifications:
- Display: 5.7-inch (720 x 1440 pixels) HD+ 18:9 IPS display
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6750
- CPU: Octa-core (4×1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-T860MP2
- RAM: 4GB DDR3
- Storage: 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- OS: Android 7.0 (Nougat) with custom UI on top
- Rear Camera: Dual: 13 MP + VGA, autofocus, LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP
- Security: Face unlock, Fingerprint
- Dimensions: 154.7 x 73.3 x 9 mm ; Weight: 160g
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Battery: 3200mAh Non removable