DJI announced its latest stabilized mini 4K camera—the DJI Pocket 2 about a month ago. It is the successor of the original OSMO Pocket which was launched around two years ago. And now, it’s available in Nepal. Let’s check out the specs, features, official price, and availability of DJI Pocket 2 in Nepal.
DJI Pocket 2 Overview
The new DJI Pocket 2 measures 124.7 x 38.1 x 30mm and is bigger than its predecessor. It is also slightly heavier than the Osmo Pocket (117 grams > 116 grams). Still, it is small enough to carry around in a pocket or bag. The new camera sports a modular design.
The base plate of the camera is removable and users can attach new accessories to it as per their need. While it is used as an independent camera, you can connect it to your phone via a wired connection or wirelessly to remote controls.
Bigger Sensor Size
Likewise, the original OSMO Pocket featured a 1/2.3” CMOS sensor. Here, DJI has replaced it with a bigger 1/1.7” sensor on the Pocket 2. The effective pixel resolution has also been improved from 12MP to 64MP. Users can choose to shoot in either 16MP or 64MP. Similarly, the camera can save 4K/60fps videos at 100Mbps.
Pocket 2 offers up to 8x zoom in the 64MP mode, and up to 4x lossless zoom in 16MP mode. The new Hybrid 2.0 AF uses both phase and contrast detection technology to offer faster and more accurate autofocus.
To improve the audio experience, DJI has included its Matrix Stereo System. It consists of four microphones, which the company claims, has been strategically placed clear of the hand holding area in Pocket 2. Directional Audio allows the microphones to pick up more detail and SoundTrack adjusts the audio based on the position of the camera. There is also an Audio Zoom feature that narrows down the sound field during zoom.
DJI Pocket 2 comes with the following features built-in:
- Pro Mode to manually adjust camera settings
- ActiveTrack 3.0 to effectively track a subject
- Slow Motion video capture up to 8x resolution at 1080p
- Timelapse, Hyperlapse, and Motionlapse
- 180-degree Pano and 3×3 Pano
- Livestreaming feature on Facebook, YouTube, and RTMP
- Story Mode with preset camera movements, color profiles, and music and option to share instantly to social media
DJI has also launched a wide range of accessories that goes with the DJI Pocket 2. It includes a charging case, wireless microphone set, waterproof housing, smaller control wheel, extension rod, wide-angle lens, and smartphone support system.
Similarly, modular attachments include a Micro Tripod-compatible base, a Do-It-All handle base with tripod base, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth module, speaker, 3.5mm audio jack, and wireless microphone receiver.
DJI Pocket 2 Specifications:
- Dimension: 12.4 x 38.1 x 30mm; 117 grams
- Stabilization: Yes, 3-axis
- Controllable Range:
— Pan: -230° to +70°
— Tilt: -100° to +50°
— Roll: ±45°
- Max Controllable Speed: 120°/s
- Sensor: 1/1.7” CMOS (64MP effective pixels)
- Lens: f/1.8, FOV 93°
- Videos: 4K UHD videos up to 60fps
- HDR Videos: 2.7K up to 30fps
- Companion App: DJI Mimo (Android | iOS)
- Battery: 875mAh (up to 140 minutes)
- Charging Time: 73 minutes (using 5V/2A charger)
- Read our review of DJI Pocket 2 here.
DJI Pocket 2 Price in Nepal and Availability
The price of DJI Pocket 2 in Nepal is NPR 52,000. For that price, it ships with a mini control stick, 1/4” tripod mount, wrist strap, cover, power cable, and adapters. You can buy the DJI Pocket 2 gimbal camera in Nepal at Oliz Store.
|Gimbal Camera||Price in Nepal||Availability|
|DJI Pocket 2||NPR 52,000||Oliz Store|
- Watch: DJI Pocket 2 Review: Small but Capable!