DJI is a name that is generally associated with professional and consumer-level drones. However, the brand’s portfolio covers a wide range of photographic equipment including smartphone gimbals. The company’s latest smartphone gimbal – the DJI OM 4 is now available for purchase in the Nepali market. Let’s check out the specs, features, official price, and availability of DJI OM 4 in Nepal.
DJI OM 4 Overview
Probably the biggest change between OM 4 and Osmo Mobile 3 is the new magnetic mount. Users can now attach their phones to the gimbal without having to deal with the mechanical clamp. There are two ways of doing it. You can either use the ultrathin magnetic clamp to secure your phone or snap the back of your phone to the magnetic ring holder. The magnetic ring holder can also be used as a stand-alone kickstand.
For the most part, DJI has kept the design of the OM 4 unchanged. Still, OM 4 is slightly more compact, thus, more portable than its predecessor. It also weighs less (390 grams) than the OM 3 (405 grams). The OM 4 comes with an improved motor that offers a better range of motions. DJI claims that the new OM 4 can be used with smartphones as heavy as 230 grams.
DJI has introduced some new features while also updating the existing ones. Some of the highlighted features are:
- Dynamic Zoom: This feature allows zooming in and out as the users move towards and away from the subject, respectively.
- Active Track 3.0: Active Track 3.0 can recognize adults, pets, and children more accurately. It makes following a subject even more convenient.
- CloneMe Pano: It’s a new feature that allows users to appear at multiple places in a panorama shot by capturing several photos.
- Spin Shot Gimbal Movement: It is available in the DJI Mimo app. When activated, it rotates the smartphone for an impressive shooting effect.
Other notable features include Story Mode, Gesture Control, Flashlight mode, Quick Roll, Slow Motion, 240-degree pano, and 3×3 pano.
Rest of the specs
DJI OM 4 retains the 3-axis stabilization from the Osmo Mobile 3. Similarly, these two feature the same layout of control buttons. The 2450mAh battery is said to provide up to 15 hours of usage. Once it drains, it can be refueled in around 2.5 hours using a 10W USB Type-C charger. The new DJI Mimo app in OM 4 comes with a video editor and a built-in tutorial for beginners.
DJI OM 4 Specifications:
- Unfolded: 276 x 119.6 x 103.6mm
- Folded: 163 x 99.5 x 46.5mm
- Gimbal: 390gm
- Magnetic Phone Clamp: 32.6gm
- Magnetic Ring Holder: 11.4g
- Compatible Phones:
- Weight: 230+/-60gm
- Width: 67 – 10mm
- Thickness: 6.9-10mm
- Battery: 2450 mAh Li-Ion; 17.64Wh; 7.2V; Up to 15 hours*
- Charging: Under 2.5 hours (via a 10W charger)
- Gimbal Range:
- Pan: -161.2º to 171.95º
- Roll: -136.7º to 198º
- Tilt: -106.54º to 235.5º
- Max Controllable Speed: 120º/s
- Tracking: ActiveTrack 3.0
- Connectivity: Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) 5.0, USB Type-C
- Companion App: DJI Mimo
DJI OM 4 Price in Nepal and Availability
The price of DJI OM 4 in Nepal is Rs. 20,500. You can buy it from the Oliz Store through store pick up or via its online store.
|Osmo Mobile Gimbal||Price in Nepal||Availability|
|DJI OM 4||Rs. 20,500||Oliz Store|
- Check out our list of best mobile gimbals: