Honor branding from Huawei has always made a headline in providing decent specs for a low-cost price. The recently announced Honor 5 follows the footstep of its branding and offers features such as a 5-inch HD display and 2GB of RAM for US$90.
Let’s take a look at its specs:
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- 1.3 GHz Quad-Core MediaTek MT6735P processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Emotion UI 3.1 Lite
- Dual SIM
- 8MP rear camera with dual LED Flash
- 2MP front-facing camera with LED flash
- Dimensions: 143.8 x 72 x 8.9mm; Weight: 138 grams
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 2200mAh battery
Looking at the specs, there is nothing extraordinary about it, but with such specs, the phone has been priced aggressively at just $90 (NRs. 9,5000 approx). The phone has only been announced in China, but we can expect the phone to launch in other countries sometime in the future. In Nepal, however, we haven’t seen too many Honor phones of late. So, the Honor 5 might not launch officially. Having said that, we hope the company launches this model since this would set a benchmark in budget lineups.