Following the recent release of the Huawei Mate 60 and Huawei Mate 60 Pro, the company has now unveiled the Huawei Mate X5, listing the foldable directly on VMall rather than having a launch event. Among other things, it’s expected to have the same chipset as the Huawei Mate 60 Pro. So in this article, let’s discuss the features, specifications, and expected price in Nepal of the Huawei Mate X5 smartphone.
Huawei Mate X5 Overview
Design and Display
When it comes to the external display, Mate X5 comes with a 6.4″ OLED LTPO panel protected by Kunlun glass. This screen offers an FHD+ resolution (2504 x 1080 pixels0 alongside a 20.9:9 aspect ratio. On the inside, is a 7.85″ foldable display with a resolution of 2496 x 2224 pixels with up to 240Hz touching sampling rate.
Both screens support a 1Hz-120Hz refresh rate, display colors in 10-bit, cover the P3 color gamut, and offer a 1440Hz high-frequency dimming feature. For security, the Huawei Mate X5 includes a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
As for the body, the device measures 11.08 mm thick in the folded state and 5.3mm when unfolded. It is around 245 grams in weight. Likewise, it features an IPX8 water resistance rating. The Huawei Mate X5 is available in different colors like Feather Black, Feather White, Feather Gold, Green Mountain Dai, and Phantom Purple. The purple and green versions feature plain leather backs, while the other colors have glass backs.
There’s limited information available about the chipset in the Mate X5, but it’s likely to be powered by the Kirin 9000s (Featured in Huawei Mate 60 Pro). In terms of memory, the phone offers up to 16GB of RAM and 512GB of storage. It runs on Harmony OS 4.0.
The Mate X5 comes with a triple camera setup inside a circular module which includes a 50-megapixel primary sensor, a 13-megapixel ultra-wide sensor, and a 12-megapixel periscope telephoto sensor with OIS support. Up front, the hole punch houses Mate X5’s 8MP selfie camera.
Battery and Connectivity
The Huawei Mate X5 is equipped with a 5,060mAh battery, supporting up to 66W wired and 50W wireless charging. It offers a range of features, including dual SIM support, an NM card slot, Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac), Bluetooth 5.2, dual-frequency GPS, NFC, 2D face unlock, a USB-C (USB 3.1 Gen 1) port, and two-way satellite connectivity.
Huawei Mate X5 Specifications
- Cover: 6.4″ OLED LTPO, up to 300 Hz touch sampling rate, 1Hz-120Hz refresh rate, 10-bit colors, P3 color gamut, 1440Hz high-frequency dimming
- Main: 7.85″ foldable display, up to 240Hz touching sampling rate, 1Hz-120Hz refresh rate, 10-bit colors, P3 color gamut, 1440Hz high-frequency dimming
- Cover: 2504 x 1080 pixels, a 20.9:9 aspect ratio
- Main: 2496 x 2224 pixels, an 8:7.1 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Kirin 9000S
- Memory: up to 16GB of RAM and 512GB of storage
- Software & UI: Harmony OS 4.0
- Rear Camera: Triple
- Primary: 50-megapixel sensor
- Ultrawide: 13-megapixel sensor
- Periscope telephoto: a 12-megapixel sensor with OIS support
- Selfie Camera: 8MP camera (Punch hole)
- Battery: 5,060mAh battery, 66W wired/50W wireless charging
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, NM card slot, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, dual-frequency GPS, NFC, 2D face unlock, a USB-C (USB 3.1 Gen 1) port, two-way satellite connectivity.
Huawei Mate X5 Availability and Price in Nepal
The Huawei Mate X5 comes in two variants with 12GB or 16GB of RAM and 512GB of storage. It is available for pre-sale on Huawei Mall with a CNY 1,000 deposit, equivalent to about NPR 18,500. The device will probably go on sale on September 15th, but there is no official information available about its global availability or pricing at this time.