Huawei has been consistent in updating phones in its Y- series and this time around it has added the Huawei Y5 Prime 2018 in its lineup. The device is one of the budget-friendly offerings from Huawei. Not long back, it has also released the Y6 Prime 2018 and before that, there was the Y7 Pro 2018, Y9 2018, etc that were all resealed this year itself.
In this relatively compact handset, Huawei has managed to fit a 5.45-inch HD+ display. Similarly, on the storage front, you get 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of onboard storage. The internal storage can be expanded up to 256 GB via a dedicated microSD card. The performance is handled by quad-core MediaTek MT6739 chipset which is sort of a disappointment because it could have been the Snapdragon 450 or Huawei’s own Kirin 659. The phone is backed by a 3,020 mAh battery with power saving 6.0 technology. The phone has a 13 MP shooter at the back and a 5 MP camera at the front.
What’s interesting is that the device features a facial unlock feature. Huawei claims that it is equipped with AI facial recognition algorithm detects and map the human face with high accuracy. Similarly, the device also supports smart finger gestures. Likewise, the eye comfort mode embedded in the device filters out blue light emissions making it less stressful for your eyes.
Huawei Y5 Prime 2018 specifications:
- Display: 5.45 inches HD+ IPS LCD with 18:9 aspect ratio
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo with EMUI 8.0 on top
- RAM: 2GB
- ROM: 16GB expandable up to 256 GB (dedicated slot)
- Chipset: Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex A-53
- CPU: Qualcomm MediaTek MT6739
- GPU: PowerVR GE8100v
- Rear camera: 13 MP with autofocus, dual LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 MP with selfie toning flash
- Battery: 3,020 mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery
- USB: MicroUSB 2.0
- SIM(s): Dual sim, dedicated slot (Nano-SIM, Dual standby)
- Sensors: Accelerometer and proximity
- WLAN: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi direct, Hotspot
- Latest Price: Rs. 14,900 [Last updated on: December 6, 2018]
You might also like: