Apple unveiled its latest iPhones alongside some new smartwatches in its September event yesterday. And the iPhone 15 series sees some notable upgrades throughout the lineup. But for now, let’s talk about the features, specifications, and expected price in Nepal of the iPhone 15 Pro Max.
iPhone 15 Pro Max Overview
Build and Display
It is the first iPhone to feature a titanium build. This not only makes it stronger but lighter too. As such, the largest iPhone of 2023 only weighs 221 grams, an 8% reduction compared to the 14 Pro Max’s 240 grams. All iPhones this year, including the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus, have slightly curved edges and IP68 dust and water protection.
But one thing unique to the Pro models this time is the new “Action Button”. It replaces the iconic alert switch, and you can even reprogram this button to launch a bunch of shortcuts now.
Moving on, the display seems untouched though and the Dynamic Island doesn’t see any changes either. It is a 6.7-inch “Super Retina XDR” OLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate, 2,000 nits of peak brightness, 2796 x 1290 resolution, and a pixel density of 460 ppi. It’s got the same “Ceramic Shield” display protection too.
Apple has also used an LTPO backplane here, which can bring down the refresh rate to as low as 1Hz whenever necessary. The only thing that’s new this time is that the iPhone 15 Pro Max’s display features thinner bezels compared to its predecessor.
- Also Read:
- iPhone 15 goes official with 48MP camera, coming soon to Nepal
- iPhone 15 Pro with Titanium Build is coming to Nepal soon.
- iPhone 15 Plus with A16 Bionic, Dynamic Island launching soon in Nepal
In terms of performance, the iPhone 15 Pro Max is powered by the all-new A17 Pro chip. Fabbed under the industry-leading 3nm process, this processor brings 20% improved GPU performance over the A16 Bionic. These high-end chips are already super capable so a casual user might never even notice the improvement. But, that extra GPU horsepower is sure to come in handy for gamers.
Matter of fact, Apple has also promised that games like “Resident Evil 4 Remake” and “Assassin’s Creed Mirage” will be directly ported to the iPhone 15 series. On the memory front, Apple never discloses RAM specifications but it seems the iPhone 15 Pro series feature 8GB of memory. Whereas the 15 Pro Max now ships with 256GB of base storage and can be configured with up to 1TB.
As for the cameras, the iPhone 15 Pro Max sees a decent upgrade this time around. It now features a 5X optical zoom lens versus 3X in its predecessor. Apple has used a tetraprism design to cram a 120mm equivalent telephoto lens compared to the 77mm focal length on the 14 Pro Max. This larger focal length is what allows for higher magnification and the tetraprism design enables this without any increase in the physical size of the phone. The sensor size is also about 25% larger on the newer iPhone.
Leaving the software improvements like upgrades to the Photonic Engine aside, the main camera and the ultrawide are the same as last year. The primary shooter in the iPhone 15 Pro Max is a 48MP f/1.78 sensor whereas the ultrawide camera uses a 12MP f/2.2 lens. A new feature on the iPhone is its ability to automatically detect people or pets and switch to portrait mode for convenience. Up front, you get the same 12MP camera as last year with FaceID support.
Rest of the specs
All the new iPhones have a USB-C port but only the Pro and Pro Max support higher speeds (up to 10 gigabits per second) thanks to the USB 3 controller on the A17 Pro. Connectivity options include the same WiFi 6E, Bluetooth 5.3, dual-frequency GPS, and NFC. That being said, the 15 Pro Max does feature a newer second-generation Ultra-wideband (UWB) chip.
iPhone 15 Pro Max Specifications:
- Dimension: 159.9 x 76.7 x 8.25mm, 221 grams
- Display: 6.7‑inch OLED, Super Retina XDR with 120Hz ProMotion
- Resolution: 2796 x 1290 pixels, 460 ppi
- Chipset: A17 Pro (3nm) processor, 6 CPU cores + 6 GPU cores, 16-core Neural Engine
- Storage: 256/512GB/1TB (non-upgradeable)
- Operating System: iOS 17
- Back Camera: Triple:
– 48MP f/1.78 primary camera (sensor-shift OIS)
– 12MP f/2.2 ultra-wide camera
– 5x optical zoom telephoto, 12MP f/2.8 camera
- Front Camera: 12MP f/1.9 camera
- Security: TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition
- Connectivity: 5G (sub-6GHz and mmWave), WiFi 6E, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC, GPS with Glonass, Galileo, QZSS, and Beidou, NFC, UWB
- Other features: Water and dust resistance (IP68), Stereo speakers
- Battery: Up to 29 hours of video playback (same as the iPhone 14 Pro Max), 20W USB-C charging, 7.5W Qi Wireless Charging, 15W MagSafe Wireless Charger (No adapter included in the box)
iPhone 15 Pro Max Price in Nepal
The iPhone 15 Pro Max price in Nepal is Rs. 233,499 for the base 256GB option. Similarly, the 512GB variant costs Rs. 271,499 and 1TB variant is priced at Rs. 309,499. We can confirm that the phone is launching pretty soon in Nepal.
iPhone 15 Pro Max
Price in Nepal
- Meanwhile, check our iPhone 14 Pro Max review