Following the launch of F7, the OPPO A3 is next in line from the China-based company to go official. Although, both the phones share a lot of similarities, the A3 is missing the fingerprint sensor and doesn’t feature AI camera.
What we do get is an ample 128GB of onboard storage, which is again, a bit odd for a mid-range device. Other than that, the Oppo A3 shares the same 12nm based MediaTek Helio P60 from the F7.
At the front, a 6.2 inch 19:9 ratio 1080×2280 FHD+ LCD display resides, alongside the infamous notch at the top. The screen to body ratio remains the same at 82.5%.
The back has a 16MP f/1.8 aperture lens, again same as the F7. The front, however, only sports an 8MP f/2.2 sensor. It’s safe to say this smartphone is by no means a selfie expert or a leader. Anyway, video recording also caps out at [email protected] for the back camera.
The Helio P60 is an astounding processor, an octa-core CPU clocked at 2GHz paired with Mali-G72 MP3 GPU. There’s 3400mAh battery packaged inside a 156 x 75.3 x 7.8 mm, 159g plastic body.
Also Read: OPPO Mobiles Price in Nepal
On the software front, Color OS 5.0 takes charge on top of Android 8.1 Oreo. Connectivity wise, OPPO still uses a micro USB. You also get an 802.11ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, headphone jack and a complete set of sensors (except for the fingerprint).
The smartphone will be available in Knight Black, Soybean Meal, Stardust Silver and Garnet red colour options. Availability remains uncertain, although expected to release by the end of May this year. Finally, pricing comes in at CNY 2,099 which translates to roughly $332 or Rs 35,346 if in any case, it makes it’s way to Nepal.
OPPO A3 Full Specifications:
- Display: 6.23-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 IPS display
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P60
- CPU: Octa Core12nm processor (4 X 2GHz Cortex A73 + 4 X 2GHz Cortex A53 CPUs)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- RAM: 4GB DDR3
- Storage: 128GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- OS: ColorOS 5.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Rear Camera: 16MP with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture
- Front Camera: 8MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Security: Face unlock
- Dimensions: 156 x 75.3 x 7.8mm ; Weight: 158g
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Battery: 3400mAh