Oppo had been creating quite a buzz in the last few weeks regarding its new smartphone, the Oppo F7. After the weeks of teasers, the device officially unveiled the handset amongst the crowd of bloggers and tech enthusiasts, at an event in Hyatt Regency. In the ceremony, the officials highlighted the features of the phone and boasting the potential of its AI-powered 25MP selfie camera on a hopeful note.
The OPPO F7 is the successor of highly successful OPPO F3 and OPPO F5. It now comes with improved AI features implemented in cameras and for face unlock. The 25MP front camera combines Sony 576 HDR sensor and AI beauty 2.0 to produce well-exposed, vivid, and realistic selfies. The AI also recognizes up to 300 facial spots to fine tune the beautification process based on gender, age, skin tone and its type.
The OPPO F7 features a 6.23-inch Full HD+ IPS LCD display. With 19:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels, the phone has a staggering 88% screen to body ratio.
In terms of performance, the phone has a powerful 12nm based Helio P60 processor which is comparable to Snapdragon 636. There are 2 memory variants, and both the 4GB/64GB and 6GB/128GB has made its way into Nepal.
The OPPO F7 runs ColorsOS 5.0 based on Android 8.1 Oreo. With 3400mAh battery, you can expect 1 day of battery life. The phone, however, lacks fast charging and uses an older micro-USB port for charging and data syncing. On the back sits a 16MP camera with LED flash and a fingerprint sensor — All enclosed in a glossy plastic body.
OPPO F7 Full Specifications:
- Display: 6.23-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 IPS display
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P60
- CPU: Octa Core12nm processor (4 X 2GHz Cortex A73 + 4 X 2GHz Cortex A53 CPUs)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- RAM: 4GB DDR3
- Storage: 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- OS: ColorOS 5.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Rear Camera: 16MP with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture
- Front Camera: 25MP, f/2.0 aperture, HDR, Sony IMX576 sensor
- Security: Fingerprint, Face unlock
- Dimensions: 156 x 75.3 x 7.8mm ; Weight: 158g
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Battery: 3400mAh
- Price: Rs. 36,590 (4GB + 64GB) | Rs. 46,590 (6GB + 128GB)
You might be interested in: Best Mid-range Camera Smartphones in Nepal
OPPO F7 Price in Nepal
OPPO F7 is available in three color option: Solar Red, Moonlight Silver, and a special edition Diamond Black. And in terms of storage, the device can be obtained in two memory variants: one with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of onboard storage whereas the premium variant will carry the substantial 6G BRAM and 128GB internal storage. The device will cost you Rs. 36,590 for the 4/64GB variant whereas the 6/128GB is valued at Rs. 46,590; Rs. 10,000 more than the base variant.
When the device was launched in India, the 4GB/64GB and 6GB/128GB variants were priced at INR 21,990 (NRs. 35,184) and INR 26,990 (NRs. 43,184) respectively. We are really impressed that the device is priced competitively and close to the internal pricing. At this price, the device will direly go against the Vivo V9; a camera-centric smartphone available at a similar price.