Oppo has welcomed a new descendent in their lineup of smartphones. After the success with the camera-centric F1 and F3 series models, the manufacturer of selfie expert smartphones moved ahead to bring Oppo F5. Oppo smartphones are renowned for their image taking capabilities. Now to revolutionize the image taking experience, the camera software on the app is injected with the Artificial Intelligence.
Also Read: OPPO Mobiles Price in Nepal
The newbie inherits 6-inched display adopting 18:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels on the top and bottom. With the bezels shrunk, the fingerprint sensor shifted to the back. If one feels the fingerprint unlocking too mainstream, there is also Face Unlock for the security. However, the Oppo has itself warned not to trust its reliability more than the fingerprint sensor.
Needless to mention, Oppo smartphones come with a clear focus on the camera. Speaking of the camera, the rear camera sports 16MP sensor with an aperture of f/1.8. On the front, the new Selfie-expert boasts a higher-resolution camera of 20MP with an aperture of f/2.0. On the hardware side, the selfie camera is furnished with a big 1/2.8-inch sensor whereas the software side is made better with the introduction of AI. With the AI, the camera identifies the parts of the face and give special attention to them while taking shots making the person on focus absolutely beautiful. In addition, the AI also helps in taking beautiful portrait shots with the blurred backgrounds.
Powering the device is Helio P23 chipset, which is not a powerful one but for taking images and videos, it gets the job done without hiccups. On the storage side, there will be variants with 4GB and 6GB of RAM with 32GB and 64GB of internal storage. The device was unveiled in the Philippines with tons of advertisement beforehand. As for the price, Oppo F5 is tagged with 15,990 PHP, which is equivalent to €263 or $310.
Oppo F5 in a nutshell
- Display: 6.0 inches LTPS IPS LCD
- Resolution: 2160 x 1080 pixels, 18:9 aspect ratio, 402PPI pixel density
- OS: Android Nougat (v7.1) with ColorOS 3.2 UI on the top
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6763T Helio P23
- GPU: Mali-G71 MP2
- RAM: 4GB/6GB RAM
- Storage: 32GB/64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB (dedicated slot for microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 16MP, f/1.8, phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- Front Camera: 20MP, f/2.0, 1/2.8-inch sensor
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, A-GPS, USB-OTG, 3G, 4G LTE
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery: 3200mAh (non-removable)
- Colors: Black, Gold, Red (6GB variant only)
What do you feel about the new Oppo F5? Are you going to buy it if it makes debut in Nepal? Let us know in the comment section.