Vivo Mobiles Nepal has officially launched its mid-range flagship, the Vivo V9, in an event in Kathmandu. The Vivo V9 is the successor of the Vivo V7 (Rs. 29,990) and is priced at Rs. 37,790. The phone is available for purchase all over Nepal starting April 2, 2018.
Latest Price: Rs. 34, 640 [Price Last Updated on July 27, 2019]
The Vivo V9 offers a big 6.3-inch display with a tall 19:9 aspect ratio and Full HD+ resolution. With the ‘near’ bezel-less display, Vivo has managed to keep the screen to body ratio at a staggering 90%. However, there is a notch in the front making it the first Android smartphone in Nepal to have so. It looks similar to the iPhone X from the front.
The similarity extends with the Software too. Although the V9 is an Android smartphone running the latest Oreo 8.1 version, but with Vivo’s custom Funtouch 4.0 OS layered on top, everything from icons to interface looks inspired from Apple’s iOS.
The Vivo V9 is a lightweight phone (150g) – thanks to its plastic back. The build is ordinary and the use of a glass or metal body would have been a better choice. There are two color options: Pearl black and gold and both are a fingerprint magnet. Despite featuring a plastic body, the phone feels great in hands thanks to the sides that curve towards the edges. The display is protected by a gorilla glass 3 and a 2.5D curved glass.
In terms of performance, Vivo V9 is powered by a Snapdragon 626 SoC. It is based on 14nm architecture and has 8 Cortex A53 64 bit cores running at 2.2Ghz. You can expect the performance to be similar to the Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus and better than the OPPO F5, Huawei Nova 2i, and Galaxy J7 Pro.
There’s 4GB of DDR3 RAM and 64GB of storage. You can expand the storage via a dedicated microSD card slot up to 256GB. Connectivity option include Dual SIM with 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS. The battery is sealed in and has a capacity of 3260mAh. It is rated to provide 5 hours of onscreen time which translates to a day of moderate usage. It lacks fast charging support and takes roughly around 2.5 hours to charge from 0 to 100%.
Also Read: Vivo Mobiles Price in Nepal
The feature highlight of the phone is the camera. The 24MP front camera is now AI-powered. Vivo claims its AI face beauty mode is trained using a comprehensive database of million face images which allows detecting the age, sex, skin texture and skin tone of the subject and lighting environment.
The back houses a 16MP primary camera and a 5MP secondary camera for depth sensing (bokeh effect). There’s an LED flash on the back. One cool feature I liked about the back camera is you can even shoot first and focus later.
VIVO V9 Specifications:
- Display: 6.3-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 IPS display
- Display Protection: Gorilla Glass 3
- Body: Plastic
- Software: Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- CPU: 2.2GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 626
- GPU: Adreno 506
- RAM: 4GB DDR3
- Storage: 64GB, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- SIM: Dual Dedicated SIM (nano + nano)
- Rear Camera: Dual (16MP + 5MP) with LED flash
- Front Camera: 24MP f/2.0 aperture with soft LED flash
- Security: Fingerprint sensor, Face Unlock
- Dimensions: 154.81 x 75.03 x 7.89mm
- Weight: 150gms
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Sensors: Proximity, Accelerometer, Gyro, Compass
- Battery: 3260mAh
- Color Options: Pearl Black, Champagne Gold
- Latest Price: Rs. 34, 640 [Price Last Updated on July 27, 2019]