Oppo has finally launched its smartwatch outside its home country of China. The global variant of the Oppo Watch looks similar to that of its Chinese variant but comes with few changes. Thankfully, it is coming to the Nepalese market as well. Let’s take a look at the specs, features, expected price of the Oppo Watch in Nepal.
Oppo Watch Overview
Design and Display
The design of the Oppo Watch is heavily inspired by the Apple Watch. It features a squarish display that is available in two sizes – 1.91 and 1.6-inch. The former comes with a flexible dual-curved AMOLED panel. It also has a higher pixel density of 326PPI. Similarly, the 1.6-inch variant has a flat AMOLED screen with a pixel density of 301PPI.
The frame of the watch is made up of 6000-series Aluminium alloy and its bottom consists of plastic and ceramics. The smaller variant has a matte finish, while on the other hand, the larger variant comes with a glossy finish. Both variants come with rubber straps.
Oppo Watch is powered by Snapdragon Wear 3100, compared to Wear 2500 in the Chinese variant. Ambiq Micro’s Apollo3 co-processor has been retained. The processors will be used in two different scenarios. The global variant of the Oppo Watch replaces the tweaked-ColorOS used in the Chinese variant with Google’s Wear OS. On the other hand, you can use the device in two modes. The watch will use the Qualcomm processor when running on Smart mode. The Apollo 3, on the other hand, will power the energy-efficient Power Saver mode.
With Wear OS, users can download loads of apps from the Play Store. The watch has Google Assistant, Google Fit (for tracking exercise), and Google Pay (contactless payment) built-in. You can even stream and download music in Oppo Watch. Other smart features include message notification, find my phone, and schedule management. You can create a custom watch face to match your outfit by simply taking pictures of your outfit using your phone.
In addition to exercise tracking, it also comes with real-time heart monitoring. The global variant will use four optical sensors for the purpose. The watch will warn users if it detects anything abnormal. Similarly, it can also monitor your sleep and make you calm with breathing exercises. Also, the watch will remind you to remain active if you sit idle for a long period.
Battery and Durability
In smart mode, the 1.91-inch variant can last up to 36 hours. It can be bumped up to 21 days when used in Power Saver mode. Similarly, the 1.6-inch variant can last 24 hours and 14 days in Smart mode Power Saver mode, respectively.
The VOOC charger can charge the watch completely in just 75 minutes. The bigger variant comes with 5ATM certification, whereas the smaller variant comes with 3ATM.
Oppo Watch Specifications:
- Dimensions: (41mm: 41.45 x 36.37W x 13-mm); (46mm: 46 x 39W x 12.96-mm))
- Weight: (41mm: 30.1gm / 46mm: 39.3gm) w/out strap
- Body: Aluminium alloy frame, Ceramic + PC bottom, Fluororubber strap
- Display: (41mm: 1.6-inches Rigid AMOLED screen) / (46mm: 1.91-inches Dual-curved AMOLED screen)
- Resolution: (41mm: 320 x 360 pixels); (46mm: 402 x 476 pixels)
- Button: Home Button, Multi-function button
- Battery: (41mm: 300mAh) / (46mm: 430mAh); Watch VOOCcharging
- Battery Life: (41mm: up to 24 hours) / (46mm: up to 36 hours)
- Memory: 1GB + 8GB
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 3100; Ambiq Micro Apollo3 wireless chip
- OS: Google Wear OS
- App: Wear OS, HeyTap
- Water Resistance Level: 41mm: 3ATM / 46mm: 5ATM
- Connectivity: eSIM (only on 46mm, select regions only), WLAN 2.4 GHz, Bluetooth 4.2 + LE, Built-in GPS (with A-GPS/GLONASS), NFC
- Sensors: Geomagnetic, Barometer, Optical Heart Sensor, Gyroscope, Tri-axial Acceleration sensor, Ambient Light Sensor
Oppo Watch Price in Nepal and Availability
Oppo Watch starts at around INR 15,000 in India. Here in Nepal, we expect the price of Oppo Watch to be around NPR 27,000 and NPR 35,000 for the 41mm and 46mm variant when it launches later this month.
|Smartwatch Model||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|Oppo Watch (41mm)||NPR 27,000|
|Oppo Watch (46mm)||NPR 35,000|
- Check out our review of the Samsung Galaxy Watch 3.