Xiaomi closed out 2022 by launching an affordable smartphone, the Redmi 12C. It continues the company’s trend of offering good specifications at a low price. So let’s take look at what Xiaomi has to offer with the Redmi 12C, along with its expected price in Nepal.
Redmi 12C Overview:
To begin with, the Redmi 12C features a 6.71-inch HD+ display. As one would expect from an entry-level phone, there is no support for a high refresh rate. Neither Xiaomi has offered a higher touch sampling rate. Similarly, there’s a V-shaped notch on the front for selfies.
The design is quite appealing for a budget smartphone. The back panel is textured and has diagonal stripes with curved edges. And the rectangular camera module holds a fingerprint sensor. Several color options are available for the Redmi 12C, including Black, Dark Blue, Light Blue, and Purple.
- Also Read:
Inside, the smartphone is powered by a MediaTek Helio G85 chip. Built on a 12nm node, the SoC features two Cortex-A75 (@2.0 GHz) cores and six Cortex-A55 (@1.8 GHz) cores, which should fare well for day-to-day usage. Memory option includes up to 6GB LPDDR4X RAM and up to 128GB storage. The latter is expandable up to 512GB via a microSD card.
Over on the software front, it boots on the “exclusive optimized version” of MIUI 13, says Xiaomi. It’s likely Android 12 at the core, but you won’t get all MIUI 13 features.
Rest of the specs
Camera hardware on the Redmi 12C includes a 50MP primary sensor and an auxiliary lens on the back. For selfies, you get a 5MP snapper. Moreover, the smartphone is fueled by a 5000mAh battery that supports 10W charging. It comes with usual connectivity options like WiFi, Bluetooth, and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Redmi 12C Specifications
- Body: 168.76 x 76.41 x 8.77mm, 192 gm
- Display: 6.71-inch LCD, 60Hz
- Resolution: HD+ (720 x 1600 pixels), 20:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G85 (12nm Mobile Platform)
- Memory: Up to 6GB RAM, Up to 256GB storage (expandable)
- Software & UI: MIUI 13 on top of Android 12
- Rear Camera: Dual (50MP primary, Auxiliary lens)
- Front Camera: 5MP
- Security: Rear fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack, mono speaker
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi (2.4GHz), Bluetooth 5.0
- Battery: 5,000mAh with 10W charging via micro-USB
Redmi 12C Price in Nepal and Availability
The smartphone is available in China for CNY 699 for the base 4/64GB configuration. It is also available in 4/128GB and 6/128GB variants for CNY 799 and CNY 899, respectively. We expect the price of Redmi 12C to start at NPR 17,000, if and when it launches in Nepal.
|Redmi 12C||Price in China||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|4/64GB||CNY 699||NPR 17,000|
|4/128GB||CNY 799||NPR 19,000|
|6/128GB||CNY 899||NPR 21,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Redmi Note 12 Pro.