Xiaomi Nepal has a bunch of amazing budget phones in its portfolio. But a couple of the entries are quite similar to each other, and that’s discounting the POCO phones. And now, the company has launched the Redmi 9T, which is the exact same phone as the existing Redmi 9 Power. Let’s learn more about the “new” Redmi 9T including its features, specs, official price, and availability in Nepal.
Redmi 9T Overview:
Like I said earlier, Redmi 9T is a rebranded device. It is the European variant of the Redmi 9 Power that was launched a couple of months earlier. The phone has a 6.53-inch FHD+ IPS LCD panel with FHD+ resolution. Since it’s a budget phone, you’ll have to settle with a 60Hz refresh rate screen.
- Also Read:
Plus, the display is protected by Corning’s Gorilla Glass 3. Redmi 9T incorporates Xiaomi’s “Aura Power” design at the back, which has an anti-fingerprint texture. The phone is splash-proof as well although there’s not an official IP certification. You can choose from 4 colorful options: Sunset Orange, Twilight Blue, Carbon Gray, and Ocean Green.
Under the hood, powering the Redmi 9T is Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 662 (11nm). This is complemented by 4/6GB of LPDDR4X RAM up to 128GB internal storage. Interestingly, the 64GB storage option uses UFS 2.1 protocol while the more lavish 128GB variant boasts a relatively faster UFS 2.2 storage.
- Also Read:
Big battery, 48MP cameras
Redmi 9T gets its juice from a beefy 6000mAh battery that supports 18W fast charging via the Type-C connection. Thankfully, you get a 22.5W fast charger inside the box itself. Getting to the cameras, it has a quad-lens setup at the back. It’s led by a 48MP primary sensor, an 8MP ultrawide, a 2MP macro, and a 2MP depth sensor.
Upfront, you get an 8MP front camera inside the teardrop notch. In terms of security, Redmi 9T has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor. The software side of things is handled by MIUI 12 based on Android 10. Other amenities of the phone include Hi-Res certified stereo speakers, IR blaster, etc.
- Body: 6.39 x 3.04 x 0.38 inches, 198 gm
- Display: 6.53-inches IPS LCD, 395PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light certification
- Resolution: FHD+ (2340 x 1080 pixels), 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 (11nm Mobile Platform)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 64GB UFS 2.1/128GB UFS 2.2 storage (expandable)
- Software & UI: MIUI 12 on top of Android 10
- Rear Camera: Quad-camera;
– 48MP, f/1.79 primary lens
– 8MP, f/2.2 wideangle lens
– 2MP, f/2.4 depth sensor
– 2MP, f/2.4 macro sensor
– LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP, f/2.0 lens (notch)
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack, stereo speaker, Hi-Res audio
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (Nano), WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (Dual-band), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS / AGPS / Glonass / Galileo / Beidou, USB Type-C, 4G LTE
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Proximity, Vibration Motor, IR Blaster, Proximity
- Battery: 6000mAh with 18W charging (22.5W brick inside the box)
- Color options: Carbon Gray, Sunset Orange, Twilight Blue, Ocean Green
Redmi 9T Price in Nepal & Availability
Redmi 9T is now official in Nepal where its price is NPR 18,999 for the 4/64GB variant. Likewise, the 4/128GB configuration costs NPR 20,999. By the way, these prices are similar to that of Redmi 9 Power. You can buy Redmi 9T in Nepal from Daraz, Sastodeal, or Mi authorized retail stores across Nepal.
|Redmi 9T||Price in Nepal (Official)||Availability|
- Watch our review of the Redmi 9 Power (Nepali).