Samsung took the stage at the Unpacked event to announce the Galaxy Buds Live. Even before the unveiling, the new earbuds were gathering attention, thanks to the unusual design. Let’s check out the specs, features, expected price, and availability of Samsung Galaxy Buds Live in Nepal.
Galaxy Buds Live Overview
Design that’s unheard of – that is how Samsung is advertising the latest Galaxy Buds. The bean-shaped earbuds stand out in the market, which is full of Apple’s AirPods and its look-alikes. Samsung claims that the bean-shaped buds will stand out even in the ears. The curves on the Galaxy Buds are meant to mimic the natural curves of the ear and face. The buds go inside the ear without sticking out much on the outside. The company claims the earbuds are resistant to slipping out of ears. Samsung has included a glossy finish on the surface of the earbuds. Galaxy Buds live will come with two pairs of wingtips for a better fit.
The charging case is also different than what we have seen in other Galaxy Buds. Samsung says the new Galaxy Buds Live is inspired by a jewelry box. The box has curved surfaces everywhere. Galaxy Buds Live is available in three color options – Mystic Bronze, Mystic White, and Mystic Black.
Internal Specs and Connectivity
Galaxy Buds Live comes with a 12mm sound speaker, tuned by AKG. It comes with a bass duct for enhanced lower frequency sound. Similarly, Samsung has also included air vents to reduce occlusion. The new buds are compatible with both Android and iOS devices. Users need to download Galaxy Wearable app and Samsung Galaxy Buds in Android and iOS devices, respectively. It can also connect to PC using the Windows 10’s Swift Pair feature.
Unlike the Galaxy Buds+, the new Galaxy Buds Live comes with Active Noise Cancellation (ANC). It won’t cut off the background sound completely. When toggled on, the ANC will reduce noise but let in important sounds like voices and announcements. For better call quality, there are two built-in mics. Samsung has also included a Voice Pickup Unit that will produce voice signals based on the movement of your jaw. The company claims that users can experience better sound quality even in a noisy environment.
Spotify’s shortcut is integrated into the buds. Users can touch and hold for one second to connect to Spotify. The buds also offer the Bixby Voice Wake-Up feature, which when activated will let users call the voice assistant without having to press anything. Some of the features are exclusive to Samsung devices. It includes the Game Mode that requires Samsung’s Proprietary Scalable codec. Similarly, the Buds Together feature lets you share your music with your friends.
Battery & Endurance
The 60mAh battery on the Galaxy Buds Live can last up to 8 hours, that is when both ANC and Bixby Voice Wake-Up features are turned off. Similarly, it can last up to 6 hours when only one of the feature is turned on. When both the features are turned down, the Buds Live can offer up to 5.5 hours of battery backup.
Similarly, the 472mAh battery capacity on the charging case can bump up the numbers to 29, 21, and 20 hours respectively. Users can get an hour of playback with only 5 minutes of quick charging. It also supports Qi-certified wireless charging.
Samsung Galaxy Buds Live Specifications:
- Dimension (Buds Live): 5 x 27.3 x 14.9 mm; 42.2 grams; Each
- Dimension (Charging Case): 50 x 50.2 x 27.8 inches; 42.2 grams
- Sensors: Accelerometer, IR, Hall, Touch. Grip, VPU
- Audio: 3-mic system (2 outer mics & 1 inner VPU), 12mm speaker, Scalable, AAC, SBC audio codec
- Controls: Touch-based Physical User Interface (PUI)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0
- IP Rating: Splash resistant (IPX2)
- Compatibility: Android 5.0 or higher with at least 1.5GB of RAM; iOS 10 or higher
- Battery: 60mAh (each bud); 472mAh (case)
- Battery Backup:
– ANC and Bixby Voice Wake-Up ON: Up to 5.5 hours of playtime (with Case up to 20 hours)
– Bixby Voice Wake-Up ON: Up to 6 hours talk-time (with Case up to 21 hours
– ANC and Bixby Voice Wake-Up OFF: Up to 8 hours talk-time (with Case up to 29 hours)
- Charging: USB Type-C, Qi Wireless charging; 5 minutes charging = 1-hour playtime
- Colors: Mystic White, Mystic Black, Mystic Bronze
Samsung Galaxy Buds Live Price in Nepal and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy Buds Live has a price tag of $169.99 and will be available from August 6. We expect the price of Samsung Galaxy Buds Live in Nepal to be around NPR 22,000 when it launches later this year.
|Earbuds||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|Samsung Galaxy Buds Live||~ Rs. 22,000|
- Watch: Top 5 best wireless earbuds (by mobile brands)