IMS, the authorized dealer of Samsung Mobiles in Nepal, has launched the Galaxy Core 2 smartphone at a price of Rs. 17,900. The Galaxy Core 2 is now available in Black and White colours via Samsung’s official Smart Café store.
The Galaxy Core 2 is the successor to the popular Galaxy Core launched last year at Rs. 24000.Galaxy Core II comes with a 4.5 inch WVGA screen, a quad Core processor running at 1.2 Ghz, 768 MB of RAM with 4GB internal storage that is expandable via Micro SD up to 64 GB. It houses a 5 MP rear camera with LED flash and a 0.3 MP front camera. For connectivity, it has WI-FI, WI-FI direct and WI-FI hotspot. There is a 2000 mAh battery which is removable. The device runs on the Android Kitkat 4.4.2 out of the box with touch wiz UI on top of it.
Specifications & Features:
- 4.5″ WVGA TFT display with 800×480 resolution – 207 ppi
- Dual SIM Support
- 1.2 GHz Quad Core processor
- 768 MB RAM
- 4 GB Internal Memory with MicroSD Expansion slot
- 5 Megapixel AF Camera with LED Flash
- VGA front camera – 0.3 MP
- Android 4.4 KitKat with TouchWiz Essence UX
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi b/g/n
- GPS with GLONASS support, Accelerometer
- 2000 mAh battery
- 14 language support
- Running Android 4.4.2 Kitkat
- Better after sales services
- Low Display Resolution
- Camera capabilities
Looking at the spec and pricing, it’s a good phone but we wished it had at least 1 GB of RAM. Being a successor, it has less RAM and less internal storage. For the same price tag, you can go for Colors K1 Amoled or LG L70 which in our opinion is a better handset than Core 2!