TECNO might be one of those lesser-known brands in the mobile world but they do make decent smartphones. One of which is the Tecno Camon i2, a new smartphone with a most probably nice set of cameras, acceptable hardware, and decent pricing.
Starting off with the display, the Camon i2 comes with a 6.2 inch IPS (720×1500) HD+ 18:9 display at the front. You get a Quad-Core MT6739 processor (4 X 1.5Ghz Cortex A53 cores) paired with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage. The battery size comes in at 3,750mAH which should deliver some impressive screen on time going by the specs.
The smartphone runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with their own custom UI on top. It also gets the face-unlock feature, gyro sensor, ambient light sensor, USB OTG support, and a fingerprint sensor. Oh, and did we mention it has a notch?
The Camon i2 shows off a nice set of cameras, at least on paper. They have been marketing this phone as a camera-centric smartphone, so maybe wait for our review for a more comprehensive conclusion. Till then, all we know is it comes with a set of 13MP+2MP dual camera set up at the back with a quad LED flash. It also has a 16MP front camera with video chat flash.
You might also like: TECNO mobiles price in Nepal
TECNO Camon i2 Specifications:
- Display: 6.2 inch IPS LCD HD+ (720×1500 screen resolution) with 18:9 aspect ratio (Full View)
- Operating System: Android Oreo 8.1
- CPU: MediaTek MT6739 QuadCore Processor
- Rear camera: 13 MP + 2 MP with 4 LED Flash, AF
- Front camera: 16 MP AI selfie camera with video chat flash
- RAM: 3 GB
- ROM: 32 GB
- Security: Face unlocking, Fingerprint sensor
- Sensors: Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor, G-sensor
- Connectivity: GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB OTG
- Dimensions: 156.6 x 76 x 7.9mm
- Battery: 3,750 mAh
- Price: Rs 22,995
The smartphone is priced at Rs 22,995 (USD 200), for which you do get the “BEST ANY LIGHT CAMERA”, a fairly new-ish design, and a few other features here and there. The MT6739 is a definite bummer, so is the HD+ resolution, a plastic body and for the same reasons, most buyers might be disappointed.