So, we have a new Vivo phone in Nepal as of today. Vivo had already hinted towards its launch in Nepal, about a week or so ago. And now, it is here. The phone is the Vivo Y81i. It is a toned-down version of the Vivo Y81 and costs less than Rs. 20000 in Nepal.
Vivo Y81i Overview
Just like the Vivo Y81, the Y81i also features a 6.22″ IPS LCD display with HD+ resolution. There is also a notch on the screen that houses a selfie shooter, ear-piece, and some sensors.
Even in the camera department, the Y81i is very similar to the Y81. The phone comes with a 13MP camera on the back with aaf/2.2 aperture. Upfront, there is a 5MP camera with the same aperture. This aperture, however, is narrow, which might not make for good image quality in low light settings.
However, as this is a toned-down version, the Y81i is powered by a Quad-core MediaTek Helio A22 chipset. Now that is a strictly low-end chipset. Also, combined with only 2 GB RAM on the phone, we might not get that good of a performance on this phone. Besides that, the phone features only a 16 GB of internal storage, which is expandable with microSD. This phone features a 3260 mAh battery as well.
However, the phone features no fingerprint sensor even for a phone of this price. We can find fingerprint sensors even on the entry-level and budget phones these days. So this absence is absolutely bummer on the phone. Nonetheless, there is a software-based Face Unlock feature.
This phone is priced at Rs.18,990 in Nepal. And personally, I think this is exorbitant pricing on Vivo’s part. There are, of course, better phones in this price range…at least in terms of processing power and memory. And it is really proving the fact that Vivo phones under 30000 are not a good value for money.
Vivo Y81i Specifications:
- Display: 6.22-inch IPS LCD with Gorilla Glass protection
- Resolution: HD+ (720 x 1520 pixels), 19:9 aspect ratio, 270 PPI
- OS & UI: Android 8.1 (Oreo) with FunTouch OS 4.0 on the top
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio A22, 12nm architecture
- CPU: Quad-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 16GB, expandable up to 256GB
- Rear Camera: 13 MP with f/2.2, PDAF
- Front Camera: 5MP with f/2.2
- Sensors: Accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (Dual 4G), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, Micro USB 2.0, USB-OTG, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Battery: Non-removable 3260mAh
- Colors: Black and Red
- Price: Rs.18,990