Are tablets dead? Well, Xiaomi doesn’t think so, and nor does a few other big players in the industry. So, following the launch of Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S4, today we get the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus, a 10-inch tablet which packs a Snapdragon 660 and an 8,620mAh battery inside.
The Mi Pad 4 Plus is basically a bigger version of the Mi Pad 4, with a larger 10.1-inch display at the front. It’s a 1920×1200 pixel resolution display with an aspect ratio of 16:10, resulting in a mediocre 224 pixel per inch display.
Internally, the device gets a Snapdragon 660 processor with 4GB of RAM and either 64 or 128GB of internal storage. You also get a 13MP f/2.0 camera at the back and 5MP f/2.0 camera at the front. The back is capable of 1080p video recording as well.
Other features include Bluetooth 5.0, Type C connector, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, and 5V/2A 10W charger. It has a body dimension of 9.7″x5.9″x0.3″ with a total weight of about 1.1 pounds. The battery capacity, as you already know is 8,620mAh. It comes with Android 8.1 Oreo with MIUI 10 out of the box.
You get two color options, Black and Rose Gold. Pricing starts at $276 for the 64GB variant, whereas the 128GB one will cost you $305. Pre-orders have already started with no further information as to when the products will start the shipment process.
Specifications of Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 Plus
- Display: 10.1 inch 16:10 ratio (1200×1920 pixels)
- SoC: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
- Chipset: Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260)
- GPU: Adreno 512
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB or 128GB non expandable
- Rear Camera: 13MP f/2.0, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 5MP f/2.0
- Connectivity: LTE, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, Type C Port
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass
- Battery: 8620mAH (5V/2A 10W)
- Color Option: Black, Rose Gold
- Price: $276 (64GB), $305 (128GB)