As expected, Vatsal Impex has officially launched the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 in Nepal for a price of Rs. 24,999. Buyers can pre-book the phone from their official website or from different Xiaomi outlets located all over Nepal. Prebookers get a free back cover and a tempered glass, which is limited only during the booking period.
Although Redmi Note 3 has been priced slightly higher here in Nepal compared to international pricing, it is still the best smartphones to buy under Rs. 25,000 in Nepal. Redmi Note 3 flaunts a metallic unibody design which is sleek and feels premium. Apart from that, there’s a fingerprint sensor on the back which is pretty fast and accurate. Powering the phone is a massive 4050mAh non-removable battery. Under the hood, the phone is powered by a Snapdragon 650 SoC with a hexacore processor (2x Cortex A72 + 4x Cortex A53) and Adreno 510 GPU.
In terms of display, the Redmi Note 3 sports a 5.5-inch FullHD IPS panel with a total pixel density of 403ppi. The company claims that the sunlight display that the phone comes equipped with boasts sunlight legibility. Also, the Night Display dims brightness in the dark to produce a comfortable glow. In addition, there is also a Reading Mode which reduces blue light emissions and prevents eye strain, which is great for reading up on study notes.
There are two variants of Redmi Note 3, one with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal another with 3GB RAM and 32GB internals. Both these variant supports microSD card upto 128GB. The Redmi Note 3 variant that’s launched in Nepal comes with 2GB of RAM and 16GB internal storage.
Highlights of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3:
- 5.5-inches Full HD (1080 x 1920 pixels) @ 403ppi
- MIUI 7.0 on top of Android 5.1.1
- Qualcomm MSM8956 Snapdragon 650 Chipset
- Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 & Dual-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A72 CPU
- Adreno 510 GPU
- 16GB eMMC 5.0 internal with microSD support upto 128GB
- 2GB RAM
- Hybrid SIM slot (SIM+SIM Or SIM+MicroSD)
- 16 MP Rear Camera with f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flash, 1080p@30fps
- 5 MP Front Facing Camera with f/2.0 and 1080p Video Recording
- Fingerprint Sensor (unlocks in just 0.3s)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, WiFi b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth, GPS
- Non-removable Li-Po 4050 mAh battery with Fast Charging
- Price in Nepal: Rs. 24,999
Our Impressions with the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Our time with the Redmi Note 3 was pretty good. It is a great phone to carry with awesome design, well-built metallic body, clear and vivid 1080P screen, good 16MP camera and a heavy-duty battery life. If you want to know more about the Redmi Note 3, check out our video review on this phone: