At CES 2022, Asus announced the ZenBook 14X OLED Space Edition which hit the market in April. It has now been officially launched in Nepal by Nagmani International. In this article, we will be discussing the specs, features, official price, and availability of the Asus ZenBook 14X OLED Space Edition in Nepal.
Asus ZenBook 14X OLED Space Edition Overview:
Asus ZenBook 14X OLED Space Edition was first announced to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the P6300 laptop that was part of a space mission in 1998. Needless to say, the design of the laptop takes a lot of visual cues from space. The chassis is made out of an aluminum alloy finished with Zero-G Titanium color, which the company says is reflective of the material used in spacecraft.
The laptop is even compliant with space-grade durability tests. In addition to the US military standard that most Asus laptops have, the ZenBook 14X OLED Space Edition even passes SMC-S-016A. The laptop is full of space-themed motifs and easter eggs encrypted in Morse code.
Asus has even integrated a 3.5-inch OLED monochrome display towards the edge of the outer lid.
The outer lid has a 3.5-inch OLED monochrome display. By default, it displays space-themed animation as well as smart notifications. But you can also use it to show off customized text using the MyAsus app.
Opening the lid, you are greeted with a 14-inch OLED panel with a 16:10 aspect ratio. Globally, Asus provides a ton of display options, but the one available in Nepal boasts 10-bit color depth, 90Hz refresh rate, and response time of 0.2ms. It boasts 550 nits of peak HDR brightness and has VESA DisplayHDR certification to back it up. Moreover, it covers 100% DCI-P3 coverage and has Pantone Validation out of the box.
By the way, it is a glossy screen with multi-touch support. So, you can buy a compatible stylus and start sketching on it. It even has SGS Eye Care certification against blue light emission. The bezels are pretty minimal resulting in a 92% screen-to-body ratio.
Under the hood, Asus ZenBoook 14X OLED Space Edition packs the latest Core-i712700H processor with 6 performance and 8 efficiency cores. There is no discrete GPU. Thus, you will have to rely on the integrated Iris Xe graphics for graphics-related tasks. There is 16GB of LPDDR5 RAM onboard along with 1TB of NCME SSD.
For heat management, Asus has included the IceCool thermal technology. It’s an active cooling solution with two fans and heat pipes (6mm + 8mm). The fans are made of a liquid-crystal polymer and feature 87 blades each.
- Also Read
Input and Audio
Even the keyboard deck reflects the space-inspired theme. It is a full-sized keyboard with 19.05mm key pitch and 1.4mm travel. The key caps are dished to match the shape of the fingertip. Accompanying it is an anti-fingerprint touchpad with a hydrophobic coating. It can instantly transit to a number pad with a press of a button. There is even a fingerprint button integrated into the power button.
If you have to attend video calls and conferences, there is a 720p webcam. Furthermore, Asus has included its AI noise-canceling software that filters out ambient noise to make human voice clearer.
Rest of the Specs
Asus ZenBook 14X OLED Space Edition is powered by a 3-cell 63WHr Li-ion battery that supports 100W PD charging. The company even includes a compatible charger in the box. The port selection is also quite good. Here, you get two USB-C ports with Thunderbolt 4, a USB-A, an HDMI, a 3.5mm audio jack, and a microSD card reader. There is even support for Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.
Asus ZenBook 14X OLED Space Edition Specifications:
- Design & Build: 311 x 221 x 15.9mm, 1.4 kg
- Color Options: Zero-G Titanium
- Display: 14″ anti-glare touch OLED panel, 90Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3, 550 nits HDR Peak brightness, 10-bit depth, Stylus support
- Resolution: 2.8K (2880×1800) resolution, 16:10 aspect ratio
- Display certifications: VESA DisplayHDR 500, PANTONE Validation, SGS Eyer Care
- Keyboard: Full-size backlit keyboard, 1.4mm travel
- Trackpad: ASUS NumberPad 2.0
- Security: Fingerprint sensor (Power button)
- Processor: Intel Core i7-12700H CPU (Alder Lake), 14C/20T, 4.7GHz Max Turbo Frequency, 24MB L3 Cache, Intel 7 process (10nm), 45W base power
- RAM: 16GB DDR5
- Storage: 1TB M.2 PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD
- Graphics: Intel Iris Xe (integrated)
- Audio: Stereo speakers, Tuned by harman/kardon
- Battery: 63 Watt-hours 3-cell Li-Ion battery
- Power Supply: 100W Type-C power adapter
- Webcam: 720p HD camera, physical shutter, Array microphones
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 6E (Dual Band) 2×2, Bluetooth 5.2
- I/O Ports: 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A, 2x Thunderbolt 4 (DisplayPort, Power Delivery), 1x HDMI 2.1, 1x 3.5mm headphone jack, 1 MicroSD card reader
Asus ZenBook 14X OLED Price in Nepal and Availability
The price of the Asus ZenBook 14X OLED Space Edition in Nepal is Rs. 214,444 for the Core i7 variant with 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD. It is available from Nagmani’s official website.
|Asus ZenBook 14X OLED Space Edition||Price in Nepal (Official)||Availability|
|Core i7-12700H, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD||Rs. 214,444||Nagmani International|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Asus TUG F15 (2022).