Asus, the Taiwanese brand, has launched two new phones. They are the much awaited Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 and Asus Zenfone Max 2. Both of these are the successors to the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 and the Asus Zenfone Max M1 respectively. These phones are now available for purchase from Asus’ official website in Russia.
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Overview
The Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 features a large 6.3″ IPS LCD display Full HD+ on a glass back body. The glass back also features a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor. In addition, the display has a Gorilla Glass 6 protection.
In terms of camera, the Max Pro M2 features dual camera setup at the back like any other phone in 2018. The dual camera setup comprises of a 12 MP lens with f/1.8 aperture and a 5 MP depth sensor. The selfie camera is a single camera of 13 MP lens with f/2.0 aperture and LED front flash as well.
A Snapdragon 660 powers the phone with 4 GB of RAM, which means ample performance. It features a 64 GB of storage which is also expandable via microSD card. The phone packs a large 5000 mAh battery, which is the signature feature of these Asus Zenfones. The phone runs on Android 8.1 Oreo. It is priced at 17990 Rubles (Rus. currency), which is equivalent to the US $270.
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Specifications:
- Display: 6.3-inch IPS LCD Full HD+ (2280 × 1080 pixels) 19:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Rear Camera: Dual, 12 MP primary Sony IMX486 sensor with f/1.8 aperture and PDAF, EIS, PDAF + 5 MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: Single 13 MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash
- CPU: Octa-Core Snapdragon 660
- GPU: Adreno 512 GPU
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 64 GB / 128 GB storage, expandable up to 2 TB with microSD (dedicated slot)
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS + Glonglass
- Battery: 5000 mAh
Asus Zenfone Max M2 Overview
The Asus Zenfone Max M2 appears like a toned down version of the Max Pro M2. It also has a large 6.3″ LCD display but with HD+ resolution. Like the Max M2, it also has a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Camera wise, it has dual cameras at the back which comprises of a 13 MP primary sensor and a 2 MP depth sensor. In the selfie department, it features an 8 MP selfie shooter.
This phone is powered by a Snapdragon 632, which is a chipset that’s not mostly heard of. It is supported by 3 GB of RAM as well. Also, it has a 64 GB internal storage as well, which is expandable via microSD. This phone houses a slightly lesser battery of 4000 mAh. Running on Android 8.1 Oreo, this phone is priced at 12990 Rubles (US $195).
Asus Zenfone Max M2
- Display: 6.3-inch IPS LCD HD+ (1520 × 720 pixels) 19:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: Dual, 12 MP primary lens with f/1.8 aperture and PDAF + 2 MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: Single 8 MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- CPU: Octa-Core Snapdragon 632
- GPU: Adreno 506 GPU
- RAM: 3 GB
- Storage: 64 GB storage, expandable with microSD (dedicated slot)
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + Glonglass
- Battery: 4000 mAh