Gionee, the Chinese mobile phone manufacturer, has announced two smartphones Elife E8 and Marathon M5 in the event that took place in Beijing.
Elife E8 is company’s flagship phone of 2015 and offers new high-end specs which we all have been waiting to see since the launch of Elife E7 back in 2013. The major attraction about the E8 is its 23.7 MP rear camera, which will be able to produce photographs up to 120 megapixels in resolution. And it will also be the first Android smartphone to offer lossless zoom. Gionee aims to make it as the best camera phone in the market, but again we shall wait and see.
Also, the Gionee Marathon M5 has caught a lot of attention with its dual battery. It packs a huge 6,020 mAh battery, a great improvement over the 5,000mAh battery in it ancestor M3. People have been plagued by battery problem since smartphone displays getting bigger and brighter, but thanks to M5 dual better that’s designed to solve this problem. Gionee says that the Marathon M5 will give a four-day battery life.
Gionee E8 Specifications:
- 6 inches AMOLED Screen with resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels (~490 ppi)
- TBC glass protection
- Runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop on top of Amigo UI 3.0
- Mediatek Helio X10 Chipset(MT6795) with OctaCore 2 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU and PowerVR G6200 GPU
- 3GB RAM and 64GB Internal Storage without expandable memory
- 24MP Rear Camera and 8MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 164.0 × 82.3 × 9.6 mm
- Weight: 207 g
- Dual SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, GPS, NFC
- Non-removable Li-Po 3250 mAh battery
Gionee M5 Specifications:
- 5inch AMOLED Screen with the resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels (~267 ppi)
- Runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop on top of Amigo UI 3.0
- 1.3GHz QuadCore Processor
- 2GB RAM and 16GB Internal Storage, Expandable up to 64GB
- 13 MP (3264 x 2448 pixels) Rear Camera and 5MP Front Camera
- Dual 6,020 mAh battery
Gionee Marathon M5 is priced at $370 and it will be available for purchase starting June 25 whereas Elife E8 is priced at $645 and will be available for purchase starting July 15.