There’s a new Honor phone in town. Six months after the launch of the Honor 10, we now have the Honor 10 Lite – a phone that is targeted towards the younger audience, or so they claim. The Honor 10 Lite is slightly different than the Honor 10 in terms of design, and in internals, it matches the Honor 8X. But the major difference is the new fancy gradient colors they’re flaunting.
Honor 10 Lite Overview
The new Honor 10 Lite has a large 6.21″ LCD screen up front with Full HD+ resolution. Pixels wise, we might not be able to expect flagship level display, but it might be impressive, nevertheless. The screen is packed in a body that flaunts gradient colors in an eye-candy design.
In the camera department, the rear setup packs dual cameras – a 13 MP primary lens with f/1.8 aperture, and a 2 MP depth sensor. The front camera is a 24 MP lens with f/2.0 aperture. But with its new AI capabilities, they claim that this camera will be a game changer. It supposedly features pixel-binning to emulate 1.8 micrometers of pixel size and learns from your selfie preferences over time. Also, it enables you to change the shape of a face, color, eye-colors, surrounding light, and even whiten your teeth! Talk about a misleading Tinder profile, right? But well, seems AI in the camera is going places.
Inside the shiny body, a HiSilicon Kirin 710 powers the phone, which can deliver good mid-tier performance. There are also 4 GB / 6 GB RAM variants, with 64 GB / 128 GB internal storage. There is also an option for expandable storage of up to 512 GB that uses the secondary SIM slot. This phone packs a 3400 mAh battery with Fast Charging features and USB-C. And this phone, thankfully, features the 3.5mm headphone jack.
The phone will be running on the latest EMUI 9.0.1 based on Android 9.0 Pie, with features like Adaptive Battery, Adaptive Brightness and Android Dashboard out of the box. Also, it features the Turbo Boost 2.0 as well.
Honor 10 Lite Specifications:
- Design: Dual Gradient colors on shiny finish
- Display: 6.21″ IPS LCD Full HD+ (1080 x 2340 pixels)
- Rear Camera: Dual cameras, 13 MP primary with f/1.8 aperture + 2 MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: Single 24 MP with f/2.0 aperture with AI capabilities
- CPU: Octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 710
- GPU: ARM Mali-G51 MP4
- RAM: 4 GB / 6 GB
- Storage: 64 GB / 128 GB (expandable with microSD up to 512 GB using SIM 2 slot)
- Battery: 3400 mAh with Fast Charging
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.0.1 on top
- Features: Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, Turbo Boost 2.0
- Colors: Gradient Blue, Gradient Red, Night Black, Lily White
- Prices: CNY 1399 (US $200) for 4/64 GB, CNY 1699 (US $245) for 6/64GB, CNY 1899 (US $275) for 6/128GB
All of that specs packed into a phone that costs less than $300 seems pretty great. But it is quite unfortunate that the Honor brand doesn’t come to Nepal. But what do you think about the new Honor 10 Lite? Do let us know.