The HTC U12 Plus features a 6-inch Quad HD+ (2880 x 1440) Super LCD 6 display with 18:9 aspect ratio and HDR10 support. And, yes it doesn’t come with a notch. It is powered by a Snapdragon 845 SoC and 6GB of RAM. Storage wise, you either get 64GB or 128GB of storage. Both the storage variant can be expanded via microSD card for up to 2TB.
In terms of design, you get a similar design like its predecessor U11. There’s this same 3D liquid glass design and now has three color options: black, red and blue. The blue color variant might be of particular interest since it has a transparent back which gives you a glimpse at the phone’s internals.
The cameras are one of the biggest upgrades in the HTC U12 Plus. There is a dual camera on the back: a 12MP f/1.7 wide-angle sensor with HTC’s UltraPixel 4 technology and a 16MP telephoto lens. The camera is capable of 2x optical lossless zoom, live bokeh shots, and HDR10 video. The front also houses a dual camera (8MP+8MP) with live bokeh mode, wide-angle selfie, and AR stickers. DxOMark has also rated the U12 Plus camera and it comes in a second position with 103 points, just 6 points shy of the P20 Pro.
Like the last year’s U11 and the Pixel 2XL, the HTC U12 Plus also has the squeezable right & left side. Termed as the Edge sense 2, you can now squeeze, double tap and hold to perform different tasks. Other features of the phone include face unlock, IP68 dust and water resistant, rear-facing fingerprint scanner, Android 8.0 OS, dual SIM with 4G LTE, and a 3500mAh battery.
There’s no headphone jack and mechanical buttons on the sides. HTC has relied on a pressure sensitive home button and volume rocker which will give you a haptic response when you press.
HTC U12 Plus Full Specifications:
- Display: 6-inch (2880 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ Super LCD 6
- Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- CPU: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- GPU: Adreno 630 GPU
- RAM: 6GB RAM
- ROM: 64GB / 128GB storage (UFS 2.1), expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- OS: Android 8.0 (Oreo) with HTC Sense UI
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Rear Camera: 12MP HTC UltraPixel with dual LED flash, EIS, OIS, secondary 16MP
- Front Camera: 8MP + 8MP dual front-facing cameras with Real-time bokeh effects
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Security: Fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS with GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3420mAh battery with fast charging
HTC U12 Plus Price
You can now pre-order the HTC U12 Plus in the US starting today. The price in the US is $799 with 64GB and $849 with 128GB of storage.