At an event in China, Huawei recently unveiled their Nova 5 series! The Nova series is quite notable in the midrange and premium-midrange territory. So, it received quite the attention as well. But besides the Nova series, Huawei also launched its high-end MediaPad tablets. The new Huawei MediaPad M6 is the direct successor to the MediaPad M5 with new features and some fancy upgrades.
The MediaPad M6 comes in two variants. The smaller one features an 8.4-inch display whereas the bigger one has a 10.8-inch IPS panel. However, both of them sport 2K resolution screens. Also, besides the size, another major difference between these is the battery capacity. The bigger Huawei MediaPad M6 10.8 flaunts a sizable 7500mAh battery whereas the MediaPad M6 8.4 enjoys a modest 6100mAh capacity. Apart from that, these are barely any other differences.
These tabs are powered by Huawei’s flagship processor, HiSilicon Kirin 980 chipset. So, there will be no issues regarding the performance. In addition, there is a 4GB RAM which is ample enough for multitasking. I’d have preferred 6 GB at least, but 4 GB can get the job done as well. Furthermore, to ensure swift performance while gaming, Huawei has also integrated GPU Turbo Boost 3.0 technology into the device. As for storage, the tablet comes in two memory variants: 64GB and 128GB.
The tablets run on Android Pie out of the box with Huawei’s custom skin EMUI 9.1 on top. Camera wise, there is a single 13MP rear shooter and an 8MP snapper up front. Still, I don’t really think anyone cares about cameras on a tablet.
When it comes to the audio, the MediaPad M6 features quite a fancy upgrade over its predecessor. The device features four-channel speakers to give off some crisp and powerful sound. Tuned by Harman-Kardon, Huawei claims it produces loud and resonating bass. That’s something for the audiophiles out there. There is also a 3.5mm headphone jack if you wish to skip the speakers’ sound and listen to audio from wired headphones. Furthermore, Huawei has included new pogo pins, which lets the users connect keyboard case for added productivity.
Huawei MediaPad M6 Specifications:
- Display: 10.8-inches IPS LCD Display (Huawei MediaPad M6 10.8) | 8.4-inches IPS LCD Display (Huawei MediaPad M6 8.4)
- Resolution: 2560 x 1600 pixels, 16:10 ratio
- Chipset: Hisilicon Kirin 980
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP10
- OS & UI: EMUI 9.1 on top of Android Pie
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB/128GB, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- Connectivity: 802.11/ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C, LTE (Optional)
- Rear Camera: 13MP, PDAF, LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Speakers: Harman Kardon tuned Stereo speakers
- Battery: 6100 mAh (Huawei MediaPad M6 8.4) | 7500mAh (Huawei MediaPad M6 10.8)
Huawei MediaPad M6 Price and Availability
The 10.8-inch variant of the device is available for pre-order and is slated to hit the stores on July 10. The smaller version will only be available for pre-order from 7th July and will go on sale from 20th July. As of now, Huawei will be selling these devices only in China. Huawei hasn’t yet announced the availability of the MediaPad M6 in the global market.
As far as the price of the device is concerned, the price for every variant of the tablet is enlisted below:
- 8.4-inch, Wi-Fi Only, 4GB+64GB – 1999 Yuan ($291)
- 10.8-inch, Wi-Fi only, 4GB+64GB – 2299 Yuan ($335)
- 8.4-inch, Wi-Fi Only, 4GB+128GB – 2399 Yuan ($349)
- 10.8-inch, Wi-Fi only, 4GB+128GB – 2699 Yuan ($393)
- 8.4-inch, 4G LTE, 4GB+64GB – 2399 Yuan ($349)
- 10.8-inch, 4G LTE, 4GB+64GB – 2699 Yuan ($393)
- 8.4-inch, 4G LTE, 4GB+128GB – 2699 Yuan ($393)
- 10.8-inch, 4G LTE, 4GB+128GB – 3499 Yuan ($508)