Huawei has just released the Watch Ultimate, its latest premium smartwatch, alongside Mate X3 and flagship P60 series. The Watch Ultimate is more durable and has more premium features than the brand’s previous premium Watch 3 Pro. Let’s look at the Huawei Watch Ultimate, including its full specifications, expected price in Nepal, and more.
Huawei Watch Ultimate Overview:
Design and Display
The Watch Ultimate is the first smartwatch to sport a Zirconium-based alloy case which the company claims to be stronger, lighter, and scratch resistance than stainless steel. The watch is available in two color options: “Voyage Blue” and “Expedition Black.” Both come with ceramic bezels, ceramic back, and sapphire glass front. The latter protects the 1.5″ LTPO AMOLED display.
The difference lies in the strap that they ship with. By default, the Voyage Blue variant ships with a Titanium strap with an option for a blue nitrile rubber strap. On the other hand, you only get a black nitrile strap on the Expedition Black option.
There are three physical buttons on the Watch Ultimate, two of which are expected of a premium smartwatch — a rotating crown and a functional button. The third is a programmable button that you can assign to a special feature like Dive and Expedition mode.
Sports modes and fitness tracking
Huawei Watch Ultima supports four types of diving: professional scuba, recreational scuba, free diving, and gauge diving. With the EN13319 & ISO22810:2010 certifications on the watch, users are good to go for up to the depth of 100 meters or 10ATM.
The Expedition Mode is for adventure freaks. Enabling it turns on the dual satellite navigation system that enables accurate tracking, map waypoints, and blood oxygen levels. The watch supports 20+ professional sports modes and 100+ basic sports modes. Furthermore, it supports all the usual health-tracking sensors, such as heart rate, and blood oxygen, along with more advanced features like ECG measurements.
- Also read:
- Huawei Watch 4 announced with enhanced health tracking features
- T-Rex Ultra becomes Amazfit’s most premium rugged smartwatch to date
- Apple’s most rugged smartwatch, the Watch Ultra goes official in Nepal
- Redmi Watch 3 with AMOLED screen, Bluetooth calling hits the global market
Two-way satellite messaging
Less than a year after its debut on the Huawei Mate 50 series, two-way satellite messaging is now part of the Watch Ultimate. Users can send messages from the watch to other terrestrial domestic terminals via the Beidou satellite system. To communicate with the Watch Ultimate, you must have Huawei’s Changlian app installed. However, this feature is currently exclusive to mainland China only.
Rest of the specs
This smartwatch from Huawei is fueled by a large 530mAh battery that supports Qi wireless charging. Huawei claims that this watch can go up to 14 days on a single charge in typical use-case scenarios. Furthermore, there is an inbuilt mic and speaker for taking calls directly.
Huawei Watch Ultimate Specifications:
- Dimensions: 48.5 × 48.5 × 13 mm
- Weight: 76 grams (w/out strap)
- Build: Amorphous Zirconium case, Ceramic bezel, Ceramic back
- Color Options: Voyage Blue, Expedition Black
- Strap: Titanium strap (Voyage Blue), Black HNBR strap (Expedition black)
- Display: 1.5″ LTPO AMOLED, 1000 nits peak brightness, Sapphire glass protection
- Water Resistance Level: 10ATM (Up to 100 meters), EN 13319
- Battery: 530mAh, up to 14 days (typical usage)
- Companion App: Huawei Sports Health App (Android | iOS | HarmonyOS)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro sensor, Geomagnetic sensor, Optical heart rate sensor, air pressure sensor, Temperature Sensor, ambient light sensor, depth sensor
- GPS: Yes, 5 satellite positioning
- Health Tracking: 24/7 hour heart rate monitoring, SpO2, ECG
- Sports Modes: 120+ (20+ Professional & 100+ Basic)
Huawei Watch Ultimate Price in Nepal
This watch is currently up for sale in China with a starting price of CNY 5,999 and will be available in the UK and Europe from April. We anticipate the price of the Huawei Watch Ultimate to start at 129,999 if and when it launches in Nepal.
|Huawei Watch Ultimate||Price in China (Official)||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|Expedition Black||CNY 5,999||NPR 129,999|
|Voyage Blue||CNY 6,999||NPR 149,999|
- Meanwhile, check our review of the Apple Watch Ultra.