It’s almost eight months since Apple formally debuted the iPhone 12 series in Nepal. And now, iPhone 12 and 12 mini have received a sweet discount. This price drop comes just before the implementation of MDMS in the country. Let’s take a look at the new price of the Apple iPhone 12 and 12 mini in Nepal alongside their features and specs.
iPhone 12 and 12 mini Overview:
According to unofficial sources, the majority of iPhones in Nepal come through the grey market. However, such iPhones imported via unofficial sources after Shrawan 1 will be blacklisted by NTA—thereby making them incompatible with the network of Nepal’s telecom operators. Thus, to encourage the customers to buy iPhones from official stores, Genxt seems to have announced the price drop.
Anyway, iPhone 12 flaunts a 6.1-inch display while the mini variant settles for a 5.4-inch screen. The flat OLED panel expands from edge-to-edge and has corners that follow a curved design. Both panels feature a Super Retina XDR screen and are covered by a Ceramic Shield cover for added durability.
- Also Read:
Moreover, these phones are enclosed inside a metallic frame built from aerospace-grade aluminum while the back is made up of glass. Under the hood, the iPhone 12 and 12 mini are powered by the latest A14 Bionic chipset. Storage-wise, you get to choose between 64GB, 128GB, or 256GB options.
Likewise, at the back, you’re getting two 12MP lenses on either phone. Among them, one is the primary camera while the other is an ultra-wide lens. Over on the front, they have a 12MP selfie camera that can record 4K video up to 60fps.
In terms of battery capacity, the iPhone 12 mini gets its juice from a 2,227mAh cell while the iPhone 12 has a larger 2,815mAh battery. Both of them support 20W fast charging, However, as you might have already known, you don’t get a power adapter inside the box. Luckily, this limited-time offer also bundles an Apple MagSafe Charger for free—but only on the iPhone 12.
- 12: 146.7 x 7.4 x 71.5mm
- 12 mini: 131.5 x 64.2 x 7.4mm
- 12: 6.1-inch (2532×1170 pixels) OLED Super Retina XDR display, 460ppi
- 12 mini: 5.4-inch (2340×1080 pixels) OLED Super Retina XDR display, 476ppi,
- Chipset: Six-core A14 Bionic 64-bit processor, 16-core Neural Engine
- Storage: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
- Operating System: iOS 14 (upgradeable)
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- Back Camera: Dual:
– 12MP wide-angle f/1.7 primary camera, 7-elements lens, OIS, True Tone flash with Slow Sync, 4K Dolby Vision video recording at 60 fps,
– 12MP 120° Ultra Wide f/2.4 camera, 7-elements lens
- Front Camera: 12MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording, Retina Flash, Dolby Vision HDR recording up to 30 fps, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120 fps
- Security: TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition
- Connectivity: 5G (sub-6GHz and mmWave), Gigabit LTE with 4×4 MIMO and LAA, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, GPS with GLONASS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS, and Beidou
- Other features: Water and dust resistance (IP68), Stereo speakers
- Battery: Unspecified battery size; 20W fast charging, 7.5W Qi Wireless Charging; 15W MagSafe Wireless Charger (No adapter included in the box)
iPhone 12 and 12 mini Price Drop in Nepal
The base variant of the iPhone 12 is now available for Rs. 128,900 (down from Rs. 133,900), while the new starting price of the iPhone 12 mini in Nepal (originally Rs. 117,900) is Rs. 112,900. You can purchase these phones from Apple-authorized retailers like EvoStore and Oliz Store.
|Model||Previous Price||New Price|
|iPhone 12 mini||Rs. 117,900 (64GB)||Rs. 112,900 (64GB)|
|Rs. 125,900 (128GB)||Rs. 120,900 (128GB)|
|Rs. 141,900 (256GB)||Rs. 136,900 (256GB)|
|iPhone 12||Rs. 133,900 (64GB)||Rs. 128,900 (64GB)|
|Rs. 141,900 (128GB)||Rs. 138,900 (128GB)|
|Rs. 157,900 (256GB)||Rs. 154,900 (256GB)|
- Meanwhile, check out our long-term review of the iPhone 12.