Adding to the list of budget-smartphones, Meizu has added yet another name: Meizu M6 which maintains the ultra-competitive price tag of the company’s last year release: Meizu M5.
The octa-core powered Meizu M6 comes with a 5.2-inch HD display with 2.5D curved glass on top. Available with an expandable (upto 256 GB) internal storage of either 16 GB or 32 GB, the device is powered by MediaTek MT6750 processor clocked at 1.5 GHz. Depending on the model, the device will either come with a 2 GB or a 3 GB RAM. Speaking of the camera department, the phone comes with a 13-megapixel rear camera with 4-color RGBW flash, PDAF and an f/2.2 aperture. Accompanying the 13 MP rear camera is the 8 MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture.
The smartphone runs on Flyme OS 6.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat and features a 3,070 mAh, non-removable battery. The connectivity options of the phone include 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS / GLONASS among others. Weighing 143 grams, the phone has done a realy smart job in terms of design. The plastic body of the phone has been put through a fancy polycarbonate process making it look as if it is metal. This is not only a good way to make sure that the device costs less but also look classy. Also, the phone features mTouch fingerprint sensor under the home button at the front.
The Meizu M6 will come in four different shades: Matte Black, Champagne Gold, Electric Light Blue and Moonlight Silver. It is all set to release in China on September 25 and will be available for $105 for the 2/16 GB model and $135 for the 3/32 GB model.
Specifications of Meizu M6:
- Display: 5.2-inch HD display, 1280×720 resolution and 282 ppi
- Dimensions: 148.2 x 72.8 x 8.3mm and weighs 143g
- Processor: Octa-core Mediatek MT6750 (4 x Cortex-A53 @1.5Ghz, 4 x Cortex-A53 @1.0Ghz)
- Camera: Rear camera with 13 MP, f/2.2 aperture and Front camera with 8 MP f/2.0 aperture
- RAM: 2/3 GB
- Storage: 16/32 GB, microSD card in the second SIM slot upto 256GB.
- USB: Type-C
- SIM: Hybrid dual SIM (Nano+Nano/ microSD)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS / GLONASS
- Sensors: mTouch fingerprint
- Battery: 3070mAh non-removable
- Operating System: Flyme OS 6.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat
We will most certainly do a follow-up on the phone once that it is released in the Nepali market but for now, feel free to drop in your comments about the phone.