CES 2018 has discovered many astonishing innovations and future technology this year. One of the great innovations is Moviphone with a built-in projector. So you have another great option on the list if you are looking for a portable projector.
Although it isn’t the first of its kind, it is without a doubt the most advanced. The astonishing innovation has grasped a lot of attention since it was showcased at CES. The device is already up for order starting at $599( which comes to around Rs 70,000 in Nepal).
The feature focus of Movi phone is, it doesn’t have any extra accessories or mods on the smartphone for projection. So basically, to cut out any bulk or additional weight it already is integrated into the body. Movi phone offers an inbuilt “Projection App” that lets you start/stop the projection. Movi phone’s projector offers a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels along with autofocusing and auto keystone.
Having keystone on a pico projector is a convenient addition, you can easily straighten a slanted projection on the wall. The phone uses laser projection technology to project a 720p image up to 100 inches in size. That’s plenty enough to cover a whole wall creating a theatrical experience to enjoy movies and games. But the brightness rating offered by this device is 50 lumens. It’s decent for a pocket projector but a dark room is required for proper visibility. Also going full 100-inch won’t result in a good experience with this brightness.
The device feels almost like any other mid-range Android phone. It comes with a unibody metal construct with a 5.5-inch full HD display. It doesn’t look bad like the other Android hybrids we have witnessed. The phone is just 10.28mm thick, which is a really slim form factor compared to any pico projectors. Movi phone is powered by a quad-core 32 bit MediaTek processor clocked at 1.5GHZ. It offers a 4,000mAH battery which is large for any smartphone. With this chunky battery, the company promises around 4 hours of projection. Plenty enough for two movies! On the bright side, it also offers fast charging with its 5V 5A charger which should juice up the phone within 1.5 hours or so.
Two configurations of 3GB + 32GB and 4GB + 64GB is provided. And if it is not enough to store your multimedia contents then the storage can be further expandable using a microSD card. The phone has a 13-megapixel camera with PDAF and LED flash on the rear and an 8-megapixel shooter with fixed focus and soft LED flash on the front. It boots on stock Android Nougat. Connectivity options include Wifi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, A-GPS, Audio jack, FM radio, and USB OTG support.
Specifications of Moviphone
- Display: 5.5 inches Full HD (1920*1080)
- CPU: MediaTek MT6750V/WT
- CPU: Quad-Cortex A53 1.5GHz+4x Cortex A53 1.0GHz
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Dimensions (mm):153.06*75.64*10.28mm
- Weight with Battery (g) : <200g
- Battery Capacity: 4000 mAh
- Connectivity: One slot with SIM(Micro SIM+TF/Nano SIM) & Micro SD, Bluetooth 4.1, FM Radio, WIFI b/g/n.
- ROM: 32GB/64GB (Extendable using microSD card)
- RAM: 3GB/4GB
- Back Camera: 13M，3L8/OV 13855，PDAF, Auto Focus, Flashlight single LED
- Front Camera: 8M，1/4+4P，OV8856/HI846，Wide-angle, Auto Focus, Flashlight
- USB Port : USB 2.0 high speed – Micro USB 5pins
- Sensors: G-sensor, Proximity Sensor, Light Sensor, E-Compass, Gyroscope, Fingerprint
- Projector Brightness: 50 Lumens
- Projector Contrast Ratio: 80,000:1
- Projector Focusing Method: Infinite/Autofocus
- Battery Life: 4 hours with screen ON and max brightness | 5.1 hours with screen ON and middle brightness | 6 hours with screen off