Last month, MSI refreshed its lineup of gaming laptops with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 series graphics card. The new GS66 Stealth (2021) was one of the laptops announced at the event, which has now made its way into the Nepali market. In this post, we will be taking a look at the specs, features, price, and availability of MSI GS66 Stealth 2021 in Nepal.
MSI GS66 Stealth 2021 Overview:
Design and Display
At first glance, the MSI GS66 Stealth may not look like a gaming laptop. Because of the design, you can use the laptop in the office settings too. MSI says it’s the design is the perfect camouflage for business professionals who want to conceal their inner gamers. The Sharper in Core Black design means the laptop has a matte finish on top of the metal chassis.
The laptop comes with a 15.6-inch IPS display. Users can choose between FHD and UHD resolution. Of the two, the FHD panel supports refresh rate of 300Hz and is more likely to launch in Nepal. The bezel on the bottom is thicker than that on the top and sides. It also houses the MSI branding.
CPU and GPU
Like the latest Raider lineup, the GS66 Stealth is powered by the latest 10th-gen Intel Core processors. It can be configured with up to Core i9-10980HK processors. But the ones that will arrive here will pack the Core i7 instead. The processors are paired with the latest GeForce RTX 30 series mobile GPU’s based on the new Ampere microarchitecture. The variant that is launching here will come with GeForce RTX 3070 GPU.
If you have followed the latest GeForce 30 series mobile GPU, it is possible that two GPUs with same moniker can offer different level of performance of performance based on their TDP. As per an MSI Insider Video, the RTX 3070 in the GS66 has a TDP of 80W. Thus, it will have a lower performance than the 115W RTX 3070 that the variant of GE66 Raider 2021 is going to arrive Nepal with.
Cooling and Memory
The laptop flaunts the new MSI Cooler Boost Trinity with up to 15% better airflow compared to the previous design. The setup consists of 3 fans and 7 heat pipes. MSI claims that the 0.1mm blades on the laptop are the world’s thinnest.
GS66 Stealth 2021 features two SO-DIMM slots that can be configured to up to 64GB of RAM. Similarly, the laptop has two M.2 SSD slots with support for NVMe PCIe Gen3.
Rest of the specs
The laptop packs in a 99.9Whr battery and ships with a 230W AC adapter. MSI is advertising it as one of the first laptops to be equipped with Wi-Fi 6E. It also has Bluetooth 5.2 support. In terms of connectivity, the laptop has three Type-A, one Type-C, an HDMI, and an RJ45 port. It has a dual-speaker (2X2W) setup tuned by Dynaudio. You also get Hi-Res Audio support and Nahimic 3 app.
MSI GS66 Stealth 2021 Specifications:
- Design & Build: Metal Chassis, 358.3 (W) x 248 (D) x 18.3-19.8 (H)mm, 2.1 kg
- Display: 15.6-inches IPS panel, 60/300Hz Refresh rate
- Resolution: FHD (1920×1080) / UHD (3840 x 2160) resolution
- Keyboard: Per-Key RGB Backlit by SteelSeries
- Processor: Up to 10th-gen Intel Core i9
- RAM: Up to 64GB DDR4 RAM @3200MHz (2x SO-DIMM)
- Storage: 2x M.2 SSD slot (NVMe PCIe Gen3)
- Graphics: NVIDIA RTX 30 series
- Audio: 2x2W by Dynaudio, Hi-Res Audio certified, Nahimic
- Battery: 99.9 Watt-hours battery
- Power Supply: 230W adapter
- Webcam: IR HD (30fps @ 720p); Windows Hello
- Connectivity: Intel WiFi 6E AX210, Bluetooth 5.2, Killer E3100 2.5Gbps with Killer Shield
- I/O ports: 1x RJ45, 1x HDMI, 3x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 1x Type-C USB3.2 Gen 2 (DP/PD charging), 1x, mic-in/headphone-out
MSI GS66 Stealth 2021 Price in Nepal & Availability
MSI GE66 Stealth 2021 is now available in Nepal for NPR 388,500. This is for the variant with a Core i7-10870H processor, RTX 3070 GPU, 16GB RAM, and 2TB of internal storage.
|MSI GS66 Raider 2021||Price in Nepal||Availability|
|10UG: Core i7 10870H, RTX 3070 Max Q, 16GB RAM, 2TB SSD||NPR 388,500||Neostore|
- Check out our review of the MSI GP65 Leopard gaming laptop.