Nokia did make quite the comeback in the recent years with its affordable smartphone ranges and some nostalgia. And it also has a good presence in the Nepali market. With that said, the Nokia 3.1 is now here, in Nepal – for Rs. 22,350. But the Nokia 3.1 is still old school, packing the same old stuff. There really is nothing exciting about this phone – except that it’s Nokia.
Latest Price: Rs. 22,350 [Last Updated on December 6, 2018]
The phone comes with a plastic build in an aluminum frame. Since it is Nokia, we can be assured that it has a good and sturdy build. It features a 5.2″ IPS LCD display with Gorilla Glass protection, and an HD+ resolution with 18:9 aspect ratio. However, when almost all phones are going for slimmer bezels, the Nokia 3.1 flaunts big bezels on the top and bottom.
Also, many phones in the 20k price range are now opting for dual cameras. Take for example the Oppo A3s, but the Nokia 3.1 still only packs a 13 MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture. This is, however, an improvement over its predecessor, Nokia 3’s 8 MP sensor. The front camera stays the same 8 MP.
Also Read: Nokia Mobiles Price in Nepal
Under the hood, the phone is powered by a MediaTek MT6750 processor, comparable to the Snapdragon 430, which is an old processor. It comes in two memory options: a 2 GB RAM and 16 GB storage option, and a 3 GB RAM with 32 GB option. In Nepal, only the 3 GB RAM variant is available but there’s a microSD card slot on it. It packs a 2990 mAh battery, which is somewhat small, but since it doesn’t have to power high-end specs, it might last you a day.
The Nokia 3.1 is an improvement over the Nokia 3, but that’s all it is. For a price of Rs.22,350, I feel like you should be able to get a bit more. It has big bezels, only a single rear camera and an old processor. You can get some better options for Rs.20000, like the Oppo A3s – which is (2 GB RAM with 16 GB storage), but has a bigger bezel-less screen, dual cameras and a Snapdragon 450!
Nokia 3.1 Specifications Overview:
- 5.2-inch (720 x 1440 pixels) HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 (4 x 1.5GHz A53 + 4 x 1.0GHz A53) processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) OS, upgradable to Android P
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 84.6-degree wide-angle lens
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 146.25 x 68.65 x 8.7mm; Weight: 138.3 g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS
- 2990mAh battery
- Latest Price: Rs. 22,350 [Last Updated on December 6, 2018]
Nokia should try to update it with the trends. I mean, that’s what got them in trouble in the first place! What are your thoughts on the Nokia 3.1? Would you buy it for the price? Or are you going to look for better alternatives?