OnePlus is entering the foldable space with a bang. Their latest OnePlus Open comes with all the bells and whistles to compete against market leaders like the Galaxy Z Fold, and Google’s Pixel Fold. Let’s learn more about it in this article where we discuss the design, specifications, and expected price in Nepal of the OnePlus Open.
OnePlus Open Overview
Design and Display
OnePlus has put a lot of effort into designing the Open. For starters, it is considerably lighter than the competition (Pixel Fold: 283g, Z Fold 5: 253g) and weighs about the same as last year’s iPhone 14 Pro Max (~240 grams). And, it opens flat and closes flush with no gaps which is impressive for a first-gen foldable. Reviewers also mention that the crease (on the inner screen) is barely visible on regular use which is always a plus.
Moving on to the displays, you get a regular-looking 20:9 6.31-inch OLED cover display outside while the larger inner screen boasts 7.82 inches of screen estate. Both are 10-bit 120Hz LTPO screens with an impressive peak brightness of 2800 nits.
And onto performance, the OnePlus Open continues to impress. It ships with the flagship Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor with one X3 prime core at 3.2 GHz, two A715 and two A710 performance cores at 2.8 GHz, and three A510 efficiency cores at 2.0 GHz. Complementing that, you get 16GB of LPDDR5X RAM for multitasking and 512GB of fast UFS 4.0 storage.
The phone boots on Oxygen OS 13.2 based on Android 13.
The Open features quite a bold look courtesy of its camera module. The large circular island features a 48MP main shooter, a 48MP ultrawide, and a 64MP telephoto lens. The inner screen features a 20MP selfie cam of f/2.2 aperture while the cover screen also features a 32MP front camera both of which are housed in their respective hole-punch(es).
- Also Read:
Under the hood, the slim foldable is packing a respectable 4800mAh battery. According to OnePlus, you can fill the device from 1 to 100% in just 42 minutes using the included 67W fast charger. The fingerprint sensor is embedded into the side power button and the phone also features WiFi 7 alongside Bluetooth 5.3, and NFC for connectivity. Strangely, wireless charging is missing from the foldable.
OnePlus Open Specifications:
- Body: 239/245 grams, IPX8 water-resistant, Ceramic Shield (front), Armor Aluminum frame
- Folded: 153.4 x 73.3 x 11.7/11.9 mm
- Unfolded: 153.4 x 143.1 x 5.8 mm
- Cover: 6.31″ AMOLED, 120Hz adaptive refresh rate (10 – 120Hz)
- Main: 7.82″ AMOLED, 120Hz adaptive refresh rate (LTPO)
- Cover: 2K (2484 x 1116 pixels), 20:9 aspect ratio
- Main: 2K (2440 x 2268 pixels), 1.0758:1 aspect ratio
- Other Properties: Ceramic Guard(Cover display), HDR10+
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 (4nm Mobile Platform)
- CPU: Octa-core:
– 1x Cortex-X3 (3.2 GHz)
– 2x Cortex-A715 (2.80 GHz)
– 2x Cortex-A710 (2.80 GHz)
– 3x Cortex-A510 (2.0 GHz)
- GPU: Adreno 740
- Memory: 16GB LPDDR5X RAM, 512GB UFS 4.0 storage (non-expandable)
- Software & UI: Android 13 with Oxygen OS 13.2 on top
- Rear Camera: Triple (with LED flash);
– Primary: 48MP f/1.7 sensor, PDAF, OIS
– Ultrawide: 48MP f/2.2 sensor, 114º FOV
– Telephoto: 64MP f/2.6 sensor, 3x optical zoom, OIS
- Selfie Camera:
– Outer: 32MP f/2.4 sensor
– Inner: 20MP f/2.2 sensor
- Audio: Stereo speaker with Dolby Atmos enhanced audio, No headphone jack
- Security: Side-mounted (capacitive), Face unlock
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro, Geomagnetic, Hall, Proximity, Light
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (2xNano + eSIM), Wi-Fi 7 (tri-band), Bluetooth 5.3, GPS / Galileo / Glonass / BeiDou, NFC, UWB, 4G LTE (VoLTE), 5G
- Battery: 4805mAh battery with 67W wired charging
- Wireless Charging: Yes (10W), 4.5W reverse wireless charging
- Color Options: Icy Blue, Phantom Black, Cream
OnePlus Open Price in Nepal and Availability
The OnePlus foldable is available for pre-order in India for INR 1,39,999. If and when it makes it here, we expect the OnePlus Open price in Nepal to be around NPR 2,59,999.
Price in India (Official)
Price in Nepal (Expected)
- Meanwhile, you can check our Oppo Find N2 Review.