Oppo launches a new addition to their A2 series of phones after the Oppo A2x and Oppo A2 Pro! This latest offering from Oppo fits right in between the two smartphones released previously. In this article, we will discuss the new Oppo A2 in detail, including its expected price in Nepal, features, and specifications.
Oppo A2 Overview
Design and Display
The Oppo A2 is a rounded rectangular phone with a flat design. It is available in three colour options, each with its distinct patterns on the back. Here, the black colour option has a glittery finish whereas the green colour variant has a lined pattern. Similarly, the purple-coloured option has frosty patterns on the back. Moreover, the Oppo A2 also secures an IP54 dust and water rating.
On the front, we are looking at a 6.72” LCD panel with a centre-aligned hole-punch camera cutout. It boasts a resolution of 1,080 x 2,400 pixels as well as 680 nits of peak brightness. Furthermore, it offers a refresh rate of 90Hz and a touch sampling rate of 180Hz.
The Oppo A2 is powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 6020 processor. It is an octa-core processor built on a 7nm fabrication process. Similarly, it comes in a single 12 GB LPDDR4x memory option. On the other hand, the Oppo A2 offers two storage options: 256 GB and 512 GB, with an option to further expand the storage via a MicroSD card. Meanwhile, on the software side of things, it comes with ColorOS 13.1 on top of Android 13.
- You may also like:
Camera and the rest
In terms of optics, it features a dual-camera setup on the back, the primary of which is a 50MP shooter with f/1.8 aperture. It is then coupled with a 2MP depth sensor to help out with the portrait shots. In the meantime, the Oppo A2 features an 8MP selfie camera.
Furthermore, we have a 5,000 mAh battery powering the entire unit. It also supports 33W of SuperVOOC fast charging. It offers dual-SIM support along with 5G, dual-band WiFi, and Bluetooth v5.1 wireless connectivity. Similarly, it offers a wired connection via USB-C and a 3.5mm headphone jack. Lastly, it offers biometric support with a side-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Oppo A2 Specifications
- Design: Flat design with unique patterns on the back
- Dimensions: 165.60 mm x 76.00 mm x 7.99 mm
- Weight: 193 grams
- Display: 6.72” LCD Panel, 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate, 680 nits peak brightness
- Resolution: FHD+ (1,080 x 2,400)
- Chipset: Octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 6020 (7nm)
- RAM: 12 GB LPDDR4x
- ROM: 256 GB / 512 GB UFS 2.2 + Expandable with MicroSD card
- OS & UI: Android 13 with ColorOS 13.1
- Rear Camera: Dual Camera (50 MP Primary + 2 MP Depth Sensor)
- Front Camera: 8 MP Camera (Centre-aligned hole-punch cutout)
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Durability: IP54-rated
- Battery: 5,000 mAh with 33W SuperVOOC fast charging
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 5G, Dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth v5.1, USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Colour Options: Black, Green, and Purple
Oppo A2 Price in Nepal and Availability
The Oppo A2 is available for pre-order in China and will begin shipping on the 6th of November. The phone is priced at CNY 1,699 and CNY 1,799 for the 256 GB and 512 GB variants respectively. Thus, if and when it arrives here in Nepal, we expect the Oppo A2 price in Nepal to be around NPR 37,199.
|Price in China (Official)||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|12 GB + 256 GB||CNY 1,699||
12 GB + 512 GB
Meanwhile, check out our Infinix Zero 30 review: