As expected, Telecell Pvt. Ltd., the authorized distributor of OPPO Mobiles in Nepal, has launched OPPO F3 smartphone in a star-studded event in Yak and Yeti Hotel. The Oppo F3 was launched for Rs. 35,490. However, the phone has received a price cut of Rs. 2,500 and is now available for Rs. 31,590. The OPPO F3 is also available in Black color option apart from the Gold color option.
OPPO F3 is a cheaper variant to the recently launched OPPO F3 Plus (Rs. 54,900). It houses a full metal body and a 5.5-inch IPS LCD display with a full HD resolution. The display is protected by the latest Gorilla Glass 5. Powering the phone is an octacore MediaTek processor (MT6750T, 1.5Ghz, 64bit, Cortex A53) and 4GB RAM. Storage is 64GB, but you can expand it via microSD for upto 64GB.
The OPPO F3 justifies the tagline “Selfie Expert” as it boasts a dual front camera (16MP + 8MP). The 16MP camera is for taking high-resolution portrait selfie while the 8MP is for taking group selfies. The rear camera is a 13MP shooter. Backing up the device is a 3200mAh battery, but it lacks fast charging.
Connectivity wise, it has dual SIM card slot with both SIM support 4G LTE. There’s also WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS. The fingerprint sensor is located on the front.
Check out our Video Review of OPPO F3 Here:
OPPO F3 Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 1.5 GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750T 64-bit processor with Mali T860 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with ColorOS 3.0
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, 1/3-inch sensor, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with 76.4-degree wide-angle lens, 1/3.1-inch sensor, f/2.0 aperture and secondary 8MP front camera with 120-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 153.29×75.24×7.3mm; Weight: 153g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 3200mAh battery (No fast charging)
Should you Buy the OPPO F3 in Nepal?
At Rs. 32,990, the OPPO F3 is an interesting phone. It has a good 1080P display which is standard for phones at this price bracket, 4GB RAM and 64GB storage is good to see in a mid-range phone, the dual front camera is best in its league, and the phone looks gorgeous all thanks to its uni metal construction.
The biggest letdown of the OPPO F3 is an average MediaTek processor which can be found in a sub 20,000 smartphone these days. Even with 4GB of RAM, the phone suffers while playing high-end games and is not ideal for heavy multitasking. Phones like Xioami Mi A1 (Rs. 30,000), Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Rs. 25,000) performs better than the OPPO F3.
The second letdown is it’s still running on Android Marshmallow 6.0 and the UI is heavily skinned and hence will take a time to get Nougat. Phones launching in 2017 should really have Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box. Gionee A1 has one and the Huawei GR5 2017 recently got the update as well. So, what are your thoughts on the Oppo F3? Leave us your thoughts in the comment section down below.