China is slowly recovering from the chaos caused by the spread of coronavirus. People are starting to return to their daily routines and some factories have begun production. While the rest of us are still locked down for a foreseeable future, it is good to know that at least one country has started to recover. In the midst of all this, a Chinese tech giant, Xiaomi, has unveiled something extravagant. Their latest device, the Redmi Smart TV MAX, is an enormous monster. Why you may ask? For starter, the device has a humongous 98-inch screen.
Yup, you read that right, the Redmi Smart TV MAX has a 98-inch screen. It is an LCD panel and offers 4K resolution. Moreover, the display comes with a 60Hz refresh rate and it covers 85% of the NTSC color space. Xiaomi has gone full-throttle in providing the best display with this one as it has 192 zones local dimming and HDR support. Furthermore, multiple image-enhancing technologies – 20 to be specific, have been used to improve the viewing experience. Interface-wise, the device has 3 HDMI, 1AV, 1 network, 2 USB and 1 S/PDIF ports.
Under the hood, this television uses the Amlogic T972 chipset. It comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB storage. As for the software, it runs on PatchWall, Xiaomi’s custom software that is built on Android 10. This device obviously is a part of the whole Xiaomi ecosystem thing, thus the TV can act as a single control hub for all of your Xiaomi smart devices.
Redmi Smart TV MAX Specifications:
- Display: 98-inches LCD Flat panel; 85% NTSC color gamut; 60Hz refresh rate; 178º viewing angle
- Resolution: 4K Ultra-HD (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- Dimensions (W x H): 86.22 x 49.40-inches (w/o stand); 86.22 x 53.30-inches (w/ stand)
- Weight: 68.0 kg (w/o stand); 70.1 kg (w/ stand)
- Sound: 2CH Stereo Speakers with 8W Output (RMS); Dolby Audio, DTS-HD audio
- OS: Xiaomi’s PatchWall
- Processor: Amlogic T972 Chipset (Cortex A55 CPU, Mali-G31 MP2 GPU)
- Storage: 4GB RAM, 64GB Memory
- HDR: Yes (HDR10)
- Power: 220V ~ 50/60Hz (550W)
- Wireless Connectivity: WiFi (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth
- I/O Ports: 3x HDMI (including one HDMI ARC), 2x USB, 1x Ethernet (LAN), 1x Power Supply, 1x S/PDIF, 1x AV, 1x Analogue DTMB
Redmi Smart TV MAX Pricing and Availability
A TV that is the size of a table tennis board obviously won’t come cheap. It is priced at $2,835/CNY 20,000. Now, with the lock-down in place worldwide, Xiaomi has not specified any global release date. However, for those in China, the sale of Redmi Smart TV MAX will start on 9th April.
Check out our review of the Realme C3!